In same process of house training a pup and doing the watching like a hawk trick putting her out side then praise and a treat but the other day she had a accident straight after I had just spent 30 min out side with her and watched her go so called her over pointed at the puddle and said "what's this " she lowered her head and looked at me so she showed me she knew it was wrong just can't figure out why that happened

She didn't know it as wrong, she lowered her head because of the tone of your voice being cross with her. It was your fault she had the accident inside because you didn't spend enough time outside with her. When outside, try running back and forth, encouraging the pup to chase you. Have a game, let her chase a toy on the end of a piece of string: get her rushing about. Then take a break: chances are she'll pee then. Pups often forget that they need to pee if they are interested in sniffing about or playing, but once they stop, they'll remember their bladder is full, and after playing they usually need to pee.

• Like 2

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

dont tell a pup off for pissing, like smacking a kid for doing it? if a pup pees, its your fault because you didnt get it outside at the right time, so dont listen to stupid advice like telling it off

listen boy, you've only had 3 lurchers in your life so who made you King trainer? if you got to smack a dog to house train it then you have serious issues with your training skills.. all my pups are h

nathan john, the only reason a pup will piss on the floor is because it is inside when it needs to piss. its up to you to make sure it is outside when it needs to piss, so it is your fault if you get

In same process of house training a pup and doing the watching like a hawk trick putting her out side then praise and a treat but the other day she had a accident straight after I had just spent 30 min out side with her and watched her go so called her over pointed at the puddle and said "what's this " she lowered her head and looked at me so she showed me she knew it was wrong just can't figure out why that happened

more likely from your tone of voice she picked up your displeasure, she may well of not known why you were unhappy though. You can speak sternly to a dog when it has done the best thing ever and it will lower its head the same

Ooops Just seen I was beaten to it :) ....oh well

Edited by LLama

She didn't know it as wrong, she lowered her head because of the tone of your voice being cross with her. It was your fault she had the accident inside because you didn't spend enough time outside with her. When outside, try running back and forth, encouraging the pup to chase you. Have a game, let her chase a toy on the end of a piece of string: get her rushing about. Then take a break: chances are she'll pee then. Pups often forget that they need to pee if they are interested in sniffing about or playing, but once they stop, they'll remember their bladder is full, and after playing they usually need to pee.

I do stand out side with her that's how I knew she had peed it was like she saved a bit just for inside. But like you say play with them outside might work for me as I do just stand and watch

Edited by Bigad
  • 3 weeks later...

Wi got my border terrier at 10 weeks and he was house trained in 2 days first day took him out every hour like clockwork of he didn't do anything put him in crate for 15 mins and then let him out he does his business treat him play with him go bk inside we only had one or two accidents and that was my fault the second day he was going to the door himself and due to having a toddler couldn't always let him out on how terms if I was in the middle of a nappy change. Couple of things to remember each.dog is different but my partner mother tried house training with puppy pads and it was a joke she used the way I have mentioned and it worked really quick for her dog. If you crate your dog and he is happy doing his business in the crate its too big. Never feed after 6 o clock a puppy that way a 9 o clock call of nature should see them through till morning.