Rip Kip:-You Never Gave Me Any You Fecker.

Our lass has a full collie that does my nut in. Obsessive, fixated the lot. Around the yard, other than being a good guard it's a pain in the arse. The only time it's happy, other than working sheep ( we only have 1/2 Dozen, on 10 acre) occasionally, is when I use it for flushing game for the lurchers. Thing with collies is they need a job, as you know, but 80% of the time those early training days let them pick there own career! and you don't even know until it's too late!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had to put Kip my Hancock collie/grey down yesterday. Fourteen years of purgatory I suffered with the fecker. I can't believe I'm rid of the b*****d. Yippee. The mrs and the kids thought the world of

Thanks for the pms lads. THL at its best. Would I get another Hancock? Na-worker to worker next time. Am I under the thumb of the Mrs and the kids?- Would I have a collie saturated dog again? I wo

Always found it funny why people on here advise novices to get collie xs as 'they are easier to train'. They may well be but they are also often neurotic, obsessive pain in the arses. As apposed to a

Thanks for the pms lads. THL at its best.

Would I get another Hancock? Na-worker to worker next time.

Am I under the thumb of the Mrs and the kids?- :yes:

Would I have a collie saturated dog again? I would sooner smash my nuts with a hammer.

It's been interesting the amount of lads who also say they have suffered with collie types. Some collie types, but not all, are wired to the feckin moon. :thumbs:

• Like 6

Always found it funny why people on here advise novices to get collie xs as 'they are easier to train'. They may well be but they are also often neurotic, obsessive pain in the arses. As apposed to a lot of sighthounds which tend in my experience to be laid back and easy to live with.

• Like 3
Always found it funny why people on here advise novices to get collie xs as 'they are easier to train'. They may well be but they are also often neurotic, obsessive pain in the arses. As apposed to a lot of sighthounds which tend in my experience to be laid back and easy to live with.[/quote very true
  • Like 1