• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

two young uns for next year. litter bro n sister

1 or 2 of mine, not kc, but jrcgb

I try and keep them right ..Old age has buggered me now though so it will be a sad day when I have to give them up ....Nice to look at them now and look back 40 odd years and they are just the same a

Posted Images

you'l be better off getting a leggy russell from working lines as thats all parson russells are "leggy russells" but the majority of them have been bred just for show over the last 20 yrs or so and the chances of getting a non worker are far greater than getting one from working lines, just my opinion of course...

• Like 1

you'l be better off getting a leggy russell from working lines as thats all parson russells are "leggy russells" but the majority of them have been bred just for show over the last 20 yrs or so and the chances of getting a non worker are far greater than getting one from working lines, just my opinion of course...

Got to agree with the japs eye, but if you like the leggy type and digging isnt its first job then what about a Plummer, better nose than most, buster.

• Like 3

Got to agree with the japs eye, but if you like the leggy type and digging isnt its first job then what about a Plummer, better nose than most, buster.

Thanks a lot, I never thought of a plummer before. They look like nice terriers so I will do some homework on them cheers

• Like 1

working ability has fook all to do with looks. ive seen some decent lines that look good and work well. ive lost count of the amount of ugly dogs that where pishpoor as well as being ugly :thumbs: . if bred for looks then of course working ability will suffer. but that dosnt mean any tidy dogs arnt up to the job. . stuff and nonsense :yes:

• Like 4

there are a few handy parsons down this way, not very common as lads keep there lines tight and the shit ones that are floating around get parson a bad name. if you get hold of one from proper stock you wont have an issue with them to ground. dug to some crackers, my brother has a pretty decent one but he is sizable and only work big holes, an animal to hunt cover tho which most black dogs arent so good at (not all before lads start tellin me im wrong). They are a pretty decent all rounder if you get a decent bred pup.

• Like 1