Whats The Law On This. Please Read

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You always get them mate,a few years ago,I had just finished lamping rabbits,rifle was locked in the truck,just putting the last couple of bunnies away, my truck was parked in a layby at the side of m

Find [BANNED TEXT] ur polite with these people they try to take the piss find being assertive with them and telling them straight works better. As for the resy of nornal people im extremely polite to

allways have a video camera with you ,working or not ,then when anyone starts pretend to talk into the camera & tell them they are being filmed to be reported to police & farmer ,they will soo

Last year I had a similar episode.

I was lampung on a big permission I have. Recently a small part had been let to a guy for a small holding. And thus cordoned off with electric fence. On this particular night I'd seen some lights messing around on this small holding and shone my lamp on the edge of the boundary in the small holding.

The lights got into a vehicle and headed to me a speed. When the vehicle got to me a man got out very irate asking me what I was doing. I told him lamping and he burst in to a torrent of abuse. Now luckily iv spent a lot of years dealing with morons and his macho stance didn't wash with me.

I explained I knew the land owner very well and he quizzed me more, by this point I was getting tired so called the land owner (who I know was lamping else where) explained the situation to him and he told me not to worry and walk away. So I bid the now close to exploding guy good night and walked off....he I turn called the police.

And I quote..."there is a illegal poacher, firing a high powered rifle on my land"

Needless to say all hell now broke loose, I was greeted with blues and twos, ART and the Dogs.

Now at the point of the police getting there matey boy had decided to cross into my permission and track me around. So I was relieved of my rifle, for a short time until he came up with the words of pure wisdom. "He's lucky I didn't shoot him"

As quick as they swooped me, the tables had turned and the irate mucker was now under arrest. And I was back at home drinking tea and eating biscuits with the boys in blue giving a statement.

Morale of the story, keep calm and carry on.

I could of quite easily of lost my temper, but why rise to it. These people are just sad little people who feel the need to get power out of any opportunity

• Like 1

When i first brought my ND100 designator i went for a walk local to me along established public foot paths just with the designator no gun to see how good it was...lots of rabbits munters and foxes along a river thats split into three sections, well the response we got from a house backing onto the fields where the footpath runs was totally extreme... this guy was ranting raving swearing over his hedge and telling us basically to piss off and that we were not allowed out there at night time with a laser pen...he could not see who were and was expecting to see a few kids but to his surprise when my wife and i approached him and he saw we were (middle aged) and older than him... he proceeded to tell us we should know better and should not be playing with lasers as well as telling us its illegal... after i politely but firmly put him in his place he went away muttering under his breath.... At no point had we shined towards the houses only across the open fields where we picked up lots of rabbits and 2 munters

5 minutes later police arrived along the footpath and stopped us we had a chat to which we explained our side of what we were doing and how we had been spoken to by a total arsehole.... its a unlit public area and we had a powerful torch nothing wrong with that we were told by the two police officers who then went around to the arseholes house to have a word about public access 24/7..

Edited by compoundarcher

He must be a real idiot to confuse a laser pen with a torch,

Apart from anything else, you can't get a white laser pen as no white diode exists. Even if you were using a red filter, the beams are very different - laser a few mm diameter with low divergence. Ordinary light thick wide beam with huge dispersement / divergence.

Edited by Alsone