• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've read some proper shit on here recently but this one takes the prize.

Alls well that ends well.............             ................

stop talking shite arseholes if ya ask on this site I aint no divvy so think if ya got nothing intresting to say keep ya trap shut ya bunch a knobs or come and see me

I don't usually reply on here but you sound like a right numpty. Did you not even think to search first to see if your question was asked before?

1) 80 yards is to far, far too many factors come into play at this range for an airgun. If the rabbits on your permission get scared easily then get a little RF like a .22LR.

2) If you "aint no divvy" then try formulating an actual sentence. Abusing the people who contribute usefully to this forum will get you no help.

• Like 1

stop talking shite arseholes if ya ask on this site I aint no divvy so think if ya got nothing intresting to say keep ya trap shut ya bunch a knobs or come and see me

Taz, after reading through some or your posts you clearly know your stuff about birds which is something I know feck-all about but if I'd utterly no clue about a subject I'd at least have done a little bit of research before asking. It'd be like me asking you should I feed my poults on steak?

As has been said, 80 yards is a big ask for any sub 12 airgun. Getting in closer is the answer or again as has already been said, maybe go for FAC, air or preferably RF if that's an option.

No hard feelings, mate. :thumbs:

Edited by andyfr1968

I would say you've got options mate:

For Sub 12ft/lb you need to get closer. Say < 50yds if you are a good shot, but the slightest variation in wind or weather temperature and air density is seriously going to affect POI.

1: Hide. Can you build a hide at 50yds or closer and become a sniper? Get in early and wait for your quarry.

2: FAC, but you'll need some decent power and dont go less than .22 as .177 becomes unstable over 18ft/lb

3: Rimfire

4: Claymores. Mine the area and blow the suckers up.

Personally I like option 4, but would probably try option 1 first. :D

Tim

• Like 2

Seriously and sensibly now.

80 yards is a hell of a distance to focus your shot on something as small as a rabbit's head. And it will likely be moving before your pellet reaches it. :hmm: A .177 or even a .22 pellet will do it, at least in theory but, it's an exceptional distance if this is to be a normal shooting range. Do you actually have permission to enter and shoot in the fields that rabbits are seen from? Your question comes over as though there is a physical and, possibly legal barrier to getting closer than 80-yards. There is always a way to reduce the distances on land you have permission for.

If you are genuinely unable to get closer than 80 yards to where the rabbits are out feeding, because of terrain features and conditions, you really need an FAC and buy a .22LR or 17HMR rimfire/centrefire rifle. What you currently seek is both unethical and unworkable with a sub 12 ft/lb .177 air rifle.

I would suggest you tackle your shoot's range/distance problems by getting in the field early with the winds/breezes in your face and set up to shoot from a low prone position from about thirty metres from the nearest of their usual exit/entry points. Allow for 15 metres of variable distance (rabbits never oblige by appearing exactly at your zero distance!) and you'll have an effective in-zero killing-ground of 45 metres which is much more manageable for an air rifle to effectively deal with. If the grass is too tall, build a rising platform with a padded pack and beany seat to get you and your rifle above the grass line. Or, silently rise to a sitting position and shoot from there. If there's a row of trees or hedgrows, try seeing if you can shoot from the cover they may afford you here.

But don't try shooting rabbits at 80 yards as a standard or you will mostly miss and, any you do actually hit will most likely result in wounding.

And that's bloody cruel pal. Not on. :thumbs:

Edited to add.

Any quality .177 spring or PCP rifle will be an effective rifle for 30-45 metre distances on rabbits.

Edited by pianoman
  • Like 1

cheers lads

Alls well that ends well.............

Nice!

Just the sort of dickhead that shouldn't be allowed anything more powerful than an elastic band.

Maybe Hitler was right with his selective breeding ideas, maybe he could have weeded out idiots like this numpty.

................ :doh:

• Like 2

To be quite honest compared with how other posts have gone I'm surprised this hasn't run off, all the best in you finding an answer to the 80 yard rabbit problem, I don't have anything else to add and quite frankly do not want to, apart from if I see your name on a topic starter in future taz, whether it is info I can help you with or not, I will not be replying, I am far from an ar**hole and a knob and openly inviting people to come see u, shows no macho status at all. Good day

Edited by Craig Fosse
  • Like 1

To be quite honest compared with how other posts have gone I'm surprised this hasn't run off, all the best in you finding an answer to the 80 yard rabbit problem, I don't have anything else to add and quite frankly do not want to, apart from if I see your name on a topic starter in future taz, whether it is info I can help you with or not, I will not be replying, I am far from an ar**hole and a knob and openly inviting people to come see u, shows no macho status at all. Good day

. :snack: