Milk, can stir up a few differing replies from people as far as being lactose intolerant etc.

Personally I would stick with the Goats Milk as its generally tolerated (smaller fat Globules) better that cows milk by dogs and its a good source of calcium, fat, and protein. Just don't over do it.

Good luck Sirius :thumbs:

Edited by Sirius

Not necessary. Might add a bit of calcium to the diet, but if the pup is being fed right then no need. Weaning means stopping milk and going on to solids: no sense in filling the stomach up with liquid when the pup needs better protein source such as meat.

• Like 3

Not necessary. Might add a bit of calcium to the diet, but if the pup is being fed right then no need. Weaning means stopping milk and going on to solids: no sense in filling the stomach up with liquid when the pup needs better protein source such as meat.

I use the milk to moisten the dry stuff instead of water, the pup is getting raw beef as well as some meat from what the workers are catching she doesn't look too shabby on it, thanks to everyone for the advice

milk is for babies : arnie the terminator lol

And a 13 week old pup isn't a baby :icon_eek:
no it's a puppy.

see how small a pups stomach is why full it with liquid and not wholesome solid food you wean a pup from milk onto solids why then go backward again

She doesn't get the milk instead of wholesome solid food. She gets it on top of her 3 meals a day.

I don't think there would be any benefit in swapping the milk for a 4th solid meal.

It is full of calcium, vitamins, minerals. She enjoys it and it is a warm drink in her belly on a cold morning or evening.

Like I said my adult bitch has it regular as a treat on a cold morning or after a hard shift.

Each to their own.

milk is for babies : arnie the terminator lol

And a 13 week old pup isn't a baby :icon_eek:
no it's a puppy.

see how small a pups stomach is why full it with liquid and not wholesome solid food you wean a pup from milk onto solids why then go backward again

She doesn't get the milk instead of wholesome solid food. She gets it on top of her 3 meals a day.

I don't think there would be any benefit in swapping the milk for a 4th solid meal.

It is full of calcium, vitamins, minerals. She enjoys it and it is a warm drink in her belly on a cold morning or evening.

Like I said my adult bitch has it regular as a treat on a cold morning or after a hard shift.

Each to their own.

tell me what is the benefit of milk as a recovery drink after hard work I've never heard that before