Hw77K .177 Out-Of-Box Review, With Oss

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Skot, that is a thing of beauty! Love the new style stock, honestly mate I think it looks amazing. I think the '77's look great, possibly better than the '97. They're just different. If the spring ins

feckin boingers i tell ye looks nice though skot very nice, i agree with elliott its a cracker. oh and elliott sell us your stock mate LOL. get a tin through it then a strip bit of a polish and relu

You can actually hear the spring twang after the shot is released.   For a HW that finish of internals is pants.   What are they doing at HW?

The same complaint about Weihrauch QC has been droning on for a long while now,on the Weihrauch forum.The common thread amongst most Weihrauch owners these days is buy second hand,as the quality of the internals and the overall finish of the rifle are superior to new !.

Ive heard of several e mails that have been sent to Weihrauch regarding piss poor QC over the last few years,but to date Weihrauch has chosen to ignore any of the customers issues.

• Like 2

bwfc has it right. I have been a devout, loyal customer to Weihrauch over many years. But in recent times, my loyalty to this brand has been severely tested. Not just my HW97KT that needed fettling and tuning but, witnessing on Weihrauch owners club forum what other people have been sold. I've sent emails to Weihrauch about their declining standards and my dismay at seeing a fine company go down the swannee with deplorable quality standards.

The HW77 reached perfection years ago. How hard can it be to leave it the fcuk alone and just keep component quality up????

Still awaiting their responses :hmm:

Simon

• Like 2

they wont reply, they don't give two flying fcuk's in the first place, or they wouldn't release such poor quality finished from there factory.

there reputation alone is enough for people to keep buying there rifles- for now.

when sales plummet , after people realise if you buy a new hw then you will get a pretty bad standard of rifle, then they may have to have a rethink about why no one wants there new guns anymore.!

Tis a shame that its come to this. obviously they don't have pride anymore - in the reputation and good name they have built for themselves over the years.

• Like 1

It must be true Skot. They just don't seem to care anymore about what it took to get them such a glowing reputation.

The rifles are fabulous. They really are. But you have to practically rebuild them to get them to where they should be at the factory gate. Give Andy here a chat and bung him a few pints and he'll turn it into the masterpiece it really is mate.

Simon

It must be true Skot. They just don't seem to care anymore about what it took to get them such a glowing reputation.

The rifles are fabulous. They really are. But you have to practically rebuild them to get them to where they should be at the factory gate. Give Andy here a chat and bung him a few pints and he'll turn it into the masterpiece it really is mate.

Simon

I was thinking of andy actually, he likes to have a good fettle doesn't he?, and your 97 I shot was verrry nice :)

give him something to do on a winters night :laugh::thumbs:

I all ways praise weihrauch rifles every time some one asks whats the best springer but from now on ill keep my mouth SHUT and im with woodcot1 on this if more of us did that they may pull there thumbs out there asses and do some thing about it atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Funny you should say that timmy.

I can handle haning a rifle that twangs, a bit but not this much lol.

if there a bit rough fair enough.

but when theres something in there rattling around it will probably cause problems sooner or later.

my mate, quote, said 'that's just what a springer sounds like' when my last 97 .22 was lemt to him and I asked his thoughts on the twang.

he also had a go with my new 95 and said the same.

then after I fettled and relubed the 95 there was 90% of the twang gone and it was a lot smoother to cock, it really did used to grind from new.

he aadmited it felt like a different rifle, and was a lot better and that if hw took an extra few mins per rifle then they would make better guns straight from the box/

but as demand doesn't meet supply needs at the min and there working to maximum capacity with probably extra/new staff that aren't as good at the job this is what we end up with !

That the tragedy Skot, when Mawders brought his PS down to me I knew what to expect, the only equipment needed to put it right was a bit of wet and dry, degreaser, decent grease and some light oil. I took my time doing it so Phil could take in the whole process and tackle it himself if he ever needed.Doing it normally would have taken me maybe 20 minutes from start to finish, if that care was put in during assembly it would be 10 minutes at most.The result was a totally different gun at minimal cost, that PS was a stunner to shoot and very accurate, in fact Zini posted some video of it on here somewhere with Phil shooting ridiculously small groups.If only the manufacturers would put that little bit of care into assembly and manufacturing tolerances they wouldn't have the issues that are cropping up now.

Aulye. And this is aftrr mawders got that fed up with his previous two prosports that had squeeky cocking levers.!!

But time iis money

The more time they take per rifle the less rifles they can make in the longrun so less money they will make

Well, the result of that lack of care will be a downturn in customers who will either hunt out 2nd hand bargains or turn to PCPs. Anyone new to the sport and reading this thread would be thinking twice about parting with several hundred quid for a gamble on buying a rifle that may be brilliant, or, bloody poor as pants and needing a rebuild.

When I think about it, very little or nothing of my HW77 and HW97K rifles internals are still original factory fitted parts. They are brilliant shooting machines. But it took a lot of extra work and replacement parts to get them that way.

I have a 1989 HW77k .177 that is supposed to have been fettled before i became the owner.It has an early brass cocking aid on and some brass bits.It has virtually zero recoil,and i often wonder what it would be like after an SFS tune. :hmm:

At 49 years of age i have never found the need to buy a new rifle,and im 100% sure i never will !.Theres enough second hand bargains to be had on the net,or your local rifle shop without having to pay through the nose.

Buying a rifle is a little bit like buying a car,i would rather buy a car that has 100,000 careful serviced miles,than a new one with the same mileage thats been hammered.

• Like 2

I have a 1989 HW77k .177 that is supposed to have been fettled before i became the owner.It has an early brass cocking aid on and some brass bits.It has virtually zero recoil,and i often wonder what it would be like after an SFS tune. :hmm:

At 49 years of age i have never found the need to buy a new rifle,and im 100% sure i never will !.Theres enough second hand bargains to be had on the net,or your local rifle shop without having to pay through the nose.

Buying a rifle is a little bit like buying a car,i would rather buy a car that has 100,000 careful serviced miles,than a new one with the same mileage thats been hammered.

The thing is what you are talking about is a car with zero recorded miles that was hammered by the factory before you got your hands on it!