Kill Or Run ?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seriously though....when I was younger I was obsessed with numbers and full bags and having dead things at the end of a run/hunt/day and wasn't fussy at all on how the end result came about....I proba

its nice 2 see a strong long ear get away,after it puts up a great course.

Exactly, I think its a very good question.   I think there is a big difference between hunting and just enjoying killing stuff. Killing is obviously a part of it and it would be pointless if you nev

What do you prefer the kill or the chase. I prefer the run myself but I know a lot that like the kill.

think I know what you mean.. I don't get a hard on watching something die , if needs must I would prefer it done quickly and with respect///

so for me the excitement is in the chase ;)

• Like 4

What do you prefer the kill or the chase. I prefer the run myself but I know a lot that like the kill.

think I know what you mean.. I don't get a hard on watching something die , if needs must I would prefer it done quickly and with respect///

so for me the excitement is in the chase ;)

Exactly, I think its a very good question.

I think there is a big difference between hunting and just enjoying killing stuff. Killing is obviously a part of it and it would be pointless if you never caught anything but I would rather see a really good run and then miss the rabbit than see them scooped out of their seat every time, obviously the icing on the cake is when its a really good run and they catch as well!

• Like 6

What do you prefer

Nescafe.....

Seriously though....when I was younger I was obsessed with numbers and full bags and having dead things at the end of a run/hunt/day and wasn't fussy at all on how the end result came about....I probably wasn't wise enough to appreciate the finer points of the game....

Nowadays, and for the past few years, I care not for big bags or great numbers of dead things...I no longer have anything to prove to myself or anyone else...so I can chill out a bit enjoy the hunt for what it is and love nothing better than a good cur with an efficient nose working things out for itself...if I am totally honest I'm more then happy for the quarry to live to run another day....nice to have something for the pot at the end of a long day...but I enjoy the hunt/chase more nowadays.... :thumbs:

• Like 9

It's the run for me, can't beat the rush of watching your dog put pressure on something knowing when it has to put a turn in, drop a gear or just ease off a tad to try and get the quarry where it wants it, if it ends in a catch then that's a bonus if not it's on looking for that next rush. :thumbs:

It's the run for me, can't beat the rush of watching your dog put pressure on something knowing when it has to put a turn in, drop a gear or just ease off a tad to try and get the quarry where it wants it, if it ends in a catch then that's a bonus if not it's on looking for that next rush. :thumbs:

same as myself :thumbs:

• Like 1