• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A couple of the bruisers we generally take out. Big strong bulldogs (50 & 56lbs) and the white headed one has a good nose on him as well.

We have tons of them and they are very cleaver animals. We hunt at night and so do they, so naturally we run into problems with them. They will do some amazing things and go to great lengths to lure t

Posted Images

I've read an account, with photo's, of a Pit Bull who caught a yote in the hen house. Predictable result.

But, that said; I understand those things come in a variety of sizes, by geographic location. And they ~ I believe? ~ can appear in packs .....

Mate of mine, fur trapper in US, got himself a JRT. Loved it to bits. His little trap line partner. Yote's took it. Last I heard from him, he was setting out on a tour of destruction. Dedicated himself to killing them all.

• Like 2

The coyotes are pretty invasive up here and are all around. Have done a good job of wiping out the groundhogs up here. We bring pitbulls along just in case but I do know of someone who lost a very good JRT to the coyotes and a guy from Poland who goes out with us who lost a young Jagd.

I know a lot of dogmen here know the capabilities of the coyote.Just recently,there seems to be a big increase in them,at least in the north.Last month alone,I know of 3 different people,who lost some real good dogs to them.One was 1/4 bull bred and a big strong dog.They seem to be getting braver,coming in closer and nire frequently than in the past.

I just thought to mention it,to generate some posting here on my favorite board,(even with the occasional kill-joys who like to jump in):)

uru

. More than a match for a terriers . C Them big yotes are predators You. Need some big bullx In a pack to deal with them budd. Edds yeh man for yotes how are you any way

We have tons of them and they are very cleaver animals. We hunt at night and so do they, so naturally we run into problems with them. They will do some amazing things and go to great lengths to lure the terriers into an ambush... it's not unusual to see one playing cat and mouse, and the terriers always fall for it. But sometimes it doesn't quite work out in the mangy b*****ds favor.

They routinely kill terriers though so we've started using backup be it a Drahthaar or Bulldog to help even the odds. One on one, the terriers are usually more than a match for them though. I had one a few years ago jump a thirteen pound jagd bitch solo thinking she would be an easy meal....She might have ended up a meal had her brother not joined the fight... but she sure as hell wasn't going to be an easy one as the b*****d soon found out.

She took the fight to him 'til her brother arrived and ancored the varmint. He was tooth to tooth with the yote when I arrived. They are everywhere here in Texas. I saw one one morning crossing my neighbors yard with the top half of a big tom cat in tow.... this is right in the middle of town. The yote takes a casual glance at my brother in law and I and just trots off like no big deal.lol

Here are some pictures from two nights ago....it's a small yote... probably twenty five or thirty pounds getting throttled by the mother and som team of Mac and Taita Aluminium. Mac had all but killed the varmint until his nine year old mama arrived and claimed the throat for herself.

20130924_201117_zpsbd33c35e.jpg20130924_201139_zps4482e005.jpgTaitaandMac3_zps23afb87e.jpg

• Like 5

They suck...no two ways about it. The bigger jagds can hold their own against a couple of them, but there no telling how many might jump them. So I figure we're gonna go on a killing spree for the next couple of years. I'll try calling them in and when that quits working snaring and denning where I can. All's fair in the effort to rid the area of these mangy creatures.

• Like 1