• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A couple of the bruisers we generally take out. Big strong bulldogs (50 & 56lbs) and the white headed one has a good nose on him as well.

We have tons of them and they are very cleaver animals. We hunt at night and so do they, so naturally we run into problems with them. They will do some amazing things and go to great lengths to lure t

Posted Images

When tried to translate from Ukrainian, one says that this is coyote and the other that this steppenwolf . On some photos they are different, but sometimes very similar. Wikipedia describes them differently. Some says that this red-haired wolf. Wikipedia says that the red-haired wolf is rare, and lives in the U.S. and much mixed with coyotes at this time. Most of us call it a steppenwolf. So sorry, but I can not give an exact answer about who is on the picture. Last 2 years they started to bother us and grow in number . In severe frost and deep snow began to visit the yards. They had tore a calf in front of house, in the night. A dog that was on the chain, did not give any sound. Our attempts have always been unsuccessful. They always fool us and ran behind our backs. When we were crossing their footprints, the dogs panic and some had lowered tails. Only when used snow jets (hunters from another district), brought results. They had to catch up in deep snow....

That pic looks like the yote's up here - they are clever critters we generally go out with 3 dogs - 1 patti and 2 APBT. I know of a few packs around our area and I wish we could hunt at night like the Americans, then we'd might have more success. But with that being said my terrain might make it a bit too difficult to hunt at night.

I wish I could hunt them at night too. officially banned .... But I do not know whether it would be effective? Needed practice. The animal are not stupid. We are waiting for the snow.