New Kennel Set Up But I Need Advice On The Shed Floor

This worked for me PK.

attachicon.gifShed Front 02.jpg

The yard had a good slope for cleaning but I needed to put a shed in one corner.

I wanted a space to keep pups or a sick dog locked inside.

That would mean that the floor would need to be hosed down each day.

attachicon.gifShed Floor 01.jpg

The plate is called "Diamond plate", it is non slip and used in industry for platforms.

It is fairly cheap and any good fabricator in your area could weld the shape to suit your shed.

It has turned up sides and back. The front is shaped to divert water out the door.

Once the shape is correct the whole thing is hot dip galvanized. (Zinc plated).

Totally waterproof and rustproof.

attachicon.gifShed Floor Back.jpg

attachicon.gifFloor Lip 01.jpg

Sloped from back to front so that a bucket of water will drain out quickly.

It is very easy to clean and will last a lifetime.

ATB

P3D

LOOKS good but i would worry about a dog lifting its leg and pissing down the side which would go under the plate and stink and rot the shed, i know its turned up at the sides but i would guess a dog would be taller than the sides and they would piss over the side.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Do away with the inside run, its un necessary. Just have a small bed box on the inside, big enough for them to be comfortable in (slightly bigger than a terrier box compartment for example).   They

do away with the wood floor and put a concrete floor down and seal it

This worked for me PK.     The yard had a good slope for cleaning but I needed to put a shed in one corner. I wanted a space to keep pups or a sick dog locked inside. That would mean that the f

Posted Images

This worked for me PK.

attachicon.gifShed Front 02.jpg

The yard had a good slope for cleaning but I needed to put a shed in one corner.

I wanted a space to keep pups or a sick dog locked inside.

That would mean that the floor would need to be hosed down each day.

attachicon.gifShed Floor 01.jpg

The plate is called "Diamond plate", it is non slip and used in industry for platforms.

It is fairly cheap and any good fabricator in your area could weld the shape to suit your shed.

It has turned up sides and back. The front is shaped to divert water out the door.

Once the shape is correct the whole thing is hot dip galvanized. (Zinc plated).

Totally waterproof and rustproof.

attachicon.gifShed Floor Back.jpg

attachicon.gifFloor Lip 01.jpg

Sloped from back to front so that a bucket of water will drain out quickly.

It is very easy to clean and will last a lifetime.

ATB

P3D

LOOKS good but i would worry about a dog lifting its leg and pissing down the side which would go under the plate and stink and rot the shed, i know its turned up at the sides but i would guess a dog would be taller than the sides and they would piss over the side.

These photos were taken while it was being built, Sides will be marine ply with 50mm insulation behind.

The marine ply will overlap on the outside of the turned up edge. Sealed with thin galvanised sheet nailed to it.

Any liquid will flow down the walls onto the floor and out the door.

The idea is that I can flush the shed with a garden hose when it is finished.

P3D

I wish u was gettin 140 euro for 100 quid lol 117 euro for 100 quid today and that's doing well this week

Tommy, you are probably right. I have not checked in a long while.

That would make the cost today about 125 sterling ?

This is the problem with wood kennels there is so much pissing about with maintaining them and in the end they will still stink and end up rotting. Is the mesh you've used from the building site panels mate?

its the same size but came in sheets from "somewhere" its much thicker that them pannels. the out side is 2x2 weldmesh with 1x1 heavy duty weldmesh for 18inch along the bottom to stop them pulling each other thru!