Pet Plan Insurance

When I took my pup for her vaccinations I was given the usually puppy pack and leaflets on spaying your puppy at 6 months old etc. Also got given 4 weeks free pet insurance, not optional, they just sign you up for it which pissed me off a bit. I dont like having things forced on me.

Anyway they have just rang me saying the 4 weeks free is coming to an end and do I want a quote. It came in at £17 a month for the essential cover which is £1 million third party liability and £3000 per condition.

I asked for a quote for my older bitch aswell, guessing her age at 4 - havent got a clue how old she is. And that came in at £24 a month.

But on a multi-pet policy with discount it comes to £34. So I've gone for it :thumbs:

Ive always said pet insurance is a con and tried to tuck £20 a month away in case they need any treatment but lets face it, £20 a month is £240 a year and a nasty cut off a fence could be £500 easy. I also know that alot of insurance companies dont deal with the vets directly so if you get a £1500 bill you still need to have that cash to pay the vets and then claim back. Well if i had £1500 I wouldnt be needing insurance :laugh:

Its piece of mind for the missus as well. I am hard as f**k and would just shoot them if they broke a leg, but she would be in tears. Only kidding, I would cry like a girl if anything happened to them :laugh:

If anyone wants to look into it then drop me a PM and if you use my name you get 2 months free so dont start paying until December :thumbs:

Gaz

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree.  I work closly with vets and the veterinary industry and I believe insurance is what keeps the pennies rolling and the ship afloat. Its a blank cheque to some unscrupoulous vets. in many cas

How many wouldnt think twice about spending 40quid on a night out (feck its a lot more) .... or 40notes in the bookies.... or a takeaway and a few beers?...   40quids feckall.....to know if your on

Swings and roundabouts I had 2 of mine insured for the first 7 years of their lives. About £120 each (12 years ago) One had about £1700 from insurance before I had her PTS Other one still here (1

the lad who has just lost jed,,, he will tell you about pet insurerance,,, gaffa his young dog out of jed,, has add 11 hundred pound spent on each foot,,, its worth thinking about,,,, that was the 2 front ones .lol not all 4,,,

Edited by tjones3862

i think pet insurance is the best way to go me pal has had £8600 of operations preformed on his labradors front leg and rear hip upto now due to bone problems rods and plates have been inserted he was paying £11 a month and had been paying it for just shy of a year

to me these types of procedures on a working dog are morally wrong a waste of money, the dog will never be able to do what nature intended, its not as if they can retrain as something else. plus all that metalwork will almost certainly lead to arthritis later in life, all good money for the vets but not so good for a working dog.

I got my pup vaccinated got 40 days free insurance I was back the next day she had trouble with her bowels they said, each blood test they did cost 100 pound each and she stayed in for 3 days at vets on drip and antibiotics etc would of cost me a fortune if didn't have that insurance, only had to pay 90 pound excess so was quite fortunate but definitely worth getting insurance

i think pet insurance is the best way to go me pal has had £8600 of operations preformed on his labradors front leg and rear hip upto now due to bone problems rods and plates have been inserted he was paying £11 a month and had been paying it for just shy of a year

to me these types of procedures on a working dog are morally wrong a waste of money, the dog will never be able to do what nature intended, its not as if they can retrain as something else. plus all that metalwork will almost certainly lead to arthritis later in life, all good money for the vets but not so good for a working dog.

I do agree Paulus. You need to know when to draw the line. But for serious rips and tears, muscle damage etc where recovery is a serious possibility or even things later in life when retired like tumours etc I think it could come in handy :thumbs:

I get mine insured its saved me a lot of money over the years! Just shop around and research it.

Just remember to say its a cross breed and don't whatever you do say its a working dog!

Edited by Sirius

I had a wippet that got caught on a barb wire fence mooching ripped her leg open could see muscles and tendons the lot had to carry her home six miles whilst a beddlington was pulling on lead, that was 27 stitches and cost just under 600 quid vets give me a month free with pet plan going to get a quote and carry it on just peace of mind when im mooching again.

Got mine insured under a lurcher no bother [BANNED TEXT] I Wud say is tho make sure u go with pet plan as for example ur dog brakes a leg and it mends and they do the same leg they will repair or do [BANNED TEXT] they have to do to it with out paying excess again as with tesco and others that do it they don't cover for recounting Injurys or long term stuff , Phil b ur mate Jim told me about tesco when he had problems with his springer , recommend pet plan 16 pound month 190 year so say 2000 grand for a life time one injury can cost that . Most mobile phone bills is more thn that a month and ye fog should be worth more than a phone that's how I look at it , all my dogs will have it from now one old dog jed who safely gone no cost a fortune last four years that's y a looked into it .

I do agree Paulus. You need to know when to draw the line. But for serious rips and tears, muscle damage etc where recovery is a serious possibility or even things later in life when retired like tumours etc I think it could come in handy :thumbs:

when they get old, a good vet not seeking money, will balance the risk of treating benign tumours against the risks involved with a dogs age, i do believe insurance encourages vets to do things they wouldn't do with an uninsured dog. my old dog flash is on his last legs with a suspected neurological problem, now the cost of an MRI scan is over a grand, money that i will not pay as even if its confirmed with the scan there is still no effective treatment, if he had been insured then i am quite sure a scan would have been done, pointless in my view :thumbs: