Famous Terriermen

Always woundered how people become famous dog men and the internet also is a big factor !! Bet way is get your head down and put the miles in dont worrie what anyone else has in there kennels worrie about whats in your own thats the way I look at it but I do like to sit down and listen to the older generation tell the storys of days gone by!! Hunting is the best feeling in the world when its going right and the worse when going wrong but the true dog men and the ones that pick the heads up after a shit day not throw the towel in !!

Your uncle has had a very good influence on you for you to write what you just have, i think he'd have put very similar himself. Give him my regards when you see him next.

• Like 3

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bluck's name shouldn't even be in the same sentence as ''Harcombe'' !

The above 2 that you mentioned are fame hungry terrier men rather than famous, as u said about your own mate nobody's heard of him an that's the way it should be, in all fairness who the f##k wants fa

Always woundered how people become famous dog men and the internet also is a big factor !! Bet way is get your head down and put the miles in dont worrie what anyone else has in there kennels worrie a

Posted Images

As for authors , I buy there book to read for a bit of light entertainment not to judge who ever wrote it. Anyone who does different is a bit strange in my eyes.

but surely the content of the book will lead you to make a judgement about the author, not everyone will like certain styles the same as with the internet :hmm:

Not really, none of the books Iv read are full of fact & advice etc, which is what I'd judge a author by, the books are just like story time, am I bothered if its not all true? Not really aslong as its a good read I'm happy.

• Like 4

i have met mr harcombe-he took the time to sign a few books and have his photo taken with my 3yr old lad-sat listened while we had a chat about terriers that i had with me -only wish i could of stayed and picked his brains-a TRUE GENTLEMAN-and imho when he passes i cant see ANYBODY ELSE even filling one of his shoes :yes: never been about the money with dave-the likes of plummer,bluck :censored: dont get me started-ps i met a bloke called the stig-fountain of knowledge when it comes to earthdogs :yes: if that man ever wrote a book-it would grace my bookshelf for sure ;) top bloke :D there maybe 1 or 2 more on here that could write a book or two on their jollies :thumbs: theres plenty dogmen out there still that have/still living the lives that others could only dream/read about-stay true to yourself and only worry about your own yard-if its shit-do the write thing-keep the workers tight-and be honest :yes: thats my ten pence worth .atb

• Like 8

i have met mr harcombe-he took the time to sign a few books and have his photo taken with my 3yr old lad-sat listened while we had a chat about terriers that i had with me -only wish i could of stayed and picked his brains-a TRUE GENTLEMAN-and imho when he passes i cant see ANYBODY ELSE even filling one of his shoes :yes: never been about the money with dave-the likes of plummer,bluck :censored: dont get me started-ps i met a bloke called the stig-fountain of knowledge when it comes to earthdogs :yes: if that man ever wrote a book-it would grace my bookshelf for sure ;) top bloke :D there maybe 1 or 2 more on here that could write a book or two on their jollies :thumbs: theres plenty dogmen out there still that have/still living the lives that others could only dream/read about-stay true to yourself and only worry about your own yard-if its shit-do the write thing-keep the workers tight-and be honest :yes: thats my ten pence worth .atb

:icon_redface: .........you never stop learning ;)

• Like 6

:thumbs:

Never read a hunting book well read maybe 5 pages of a lurcher book when I was about 13 that's all. Everything I know I'v either learned from elders taking me out or in the field trial and error doing what I love. No amount of books can prepare you for the things you come across out hunting its getting out there and doing it that makes us who we are. All these names meen nothing, they haven't earned there names by taking people out and showing them the ropes it's by printing books and people reading them and spreading there names. It's the silent people who breed between them selves and don't sell there pups to [NO TEXT TALK] with a stamp like eg, nuttall x wheeler bla bla bla. These are the real terrier men who do it for the love of the sport and are driven by seeing there own well bred dogs work, not just to show some body how good there dogs work to up the price, but to prove to them selves there worthy of a pen to sleep in and the food there fed. IMHO atb ucrbuch