Kennels Nearly There And A Few More Of The Pup.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is a recurring nightmare ,.not only for me,.but for many others....

Some may remember my thread a while ago asking about suggestions on kennels, so after taking on board what was said, they are almost done. . .           And the pups is getting bigger, 3

THE KENNALS LOOK WELL AND FIT FOR A KING,, BUT IN THIS DAY AND AGE WICH HIS SAD, I CUD NOT GET A GOOD KIP, KNOWING THERE OUT SIDE,,, SO I KEEP THEM AS CLOSE TO ME AS I CAN GET,,, ITS SHIT BUT THATS WH

THERES TIMES WERE , I LOOK UP THE GARDEN TO MAKE SHAW THE FERTS ARE THERE,,, NOT THAT THERE WORTH TAKING,,I NEED HEW STOCK NEXT SEASON,,THERE 6 AND 7 YEAR OLD,,, BUT CUD NOT HANDLE LOOKING UP THE GARDEN AND THE KENNAL DOOR OPEN,,, HOW GUTTING THAT MUST BE,,,,,,WUD NOT WISH THAT ON ANY 1,,,,,, UNLESS THE DOG WAS TOOK TO SAVE HITS OWN NECK,,, HAS IN CRUELTY,, E,T,C,,,,, I MUST ADMIT,,, ERN WAS A [HANDFULL IN THE HOUSE, AND I MEAN A HANDFULL ,NEVER ADD A PUP LIKE HIM,,IT MITE OF BIN THE BULL IN HIM FACK I CUD OF PULLED ME HAIR OUT AT TIMES... IT WAS LIKE HAVEING 2 PUPS AT THE SAME TIME,, HE NEVER SLEPT ON THE GO ALL THE TIME,,,, A LOT OF GUYS GO ON THE HUNTING SITES,,,WICH GIVES THE DOG,S AWAY A LITTLE,,,, I MY SELF HAVE THEM IN THE HOUSE,,, IFF SOME ONE WANTS TO COMIT A DWELLING BURGERYS FOR THE DOGS AND A LONG STRETCH,,, ITS A BIG RISK COMPARED TO A COMMON KENNEL THEFT,,,

:yes:This is a recurring nightmare ,.not only for me,.but for many others....

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 10

Good set up Jai. One thing I would add is a board across the bottom of the pop hole, to cut the wind blowing straight in. Another thing I did, in my now ancient dog shed, was to situate the pop holes to one side of the entrance wall, not centrally. That way the dog can get out of the draught better. Just an idea.

Someone else I know had a sort of porch built over the outside of the pop hole, a baffle to the wind/cold air. The dog entered the porch on one side of it, if that makes sense. So the wind wasn't blowing straight inside.

nice set up jai, and pup coming well.Just had another look at the pic, carnt see why you want to put roof on the top of the panels, if that what you mean by roof.? as thats the only place thats not got a top on it from pics.Ive got simlar b/b kennels with run, but left mine open no top, as the panels are about 6ft same as me, so you would have to build up on top of panel to rase them just to get in, and your taller than me, easier to walk straight in if this makes sence lol. the back looks a good idea nice+easy to clean, mine blocked off so have to get on feckin hands+knees to get in to clean them, good idea that at the back :thumbs:

Ray: roof is a good idea on panels because dogs are less likely to start peeing and crapping in their kennels if they can still go out to empty in their runs when it's raining hard. A lot of dogs start messing their own beds rather than get soaked outside. Also helps keep kennels warmer, daft though that may sound: warm air rises, but if there's a roof on top helps a bit to keep it in the run. Also, if you live somewhere where it snows, roof keeps run dry and not full of snow.

• Like 4

Ray: roof is a good idea on panels because dogs are less likely to start peeing and crapping in their kennels if they can still go out to empty in their runs when it's raining hard. A lot of dogs start messing their own beds rather than get soaked outside. Also helps keep kennels warmer, daft though that may sound: warm air rises, but if there's a roof on top helps a bit to keep it in the run. Also, if you live somewhere where it snows, roof keeps run dry and not full of snow.

good point penny :thumbs: , my 2 dont use there run to empty out, they bloody wait to go out on there dog walk.Bryn always been the same will hold him self, the pup Buck the same as well, but i take them out twice a day for 2-3 hours, and prob weekend 4-5 hours a day. But your right roof makes sense :yes:

nice set up jai, and pup coming well.Just had another look at the pic, carnt see why you want to put roof on the top of the panels, if that what you mean by roof.? as thats the only place thats not got a top on it from pics.Ive got simlar b/b kennels with run, but left mine open no top, as the panels are about 6ft same as me, so you would have to build up on top of panel to rase them just to get in, and your taller than me, easier to walk straight in if this makes sence lol. the back looks a good idea nice+easy to clean, mine blocked off so have to get on feckin hands+knees to get in to clean them, good idea that at the back :thumbs:

Ray you can get roofing struts that slot into the run panels and are adjustable for the pitch, i agree with skycat that runs are best roofed. I also put strips of clear plastic over pop holes to help prevent drafts/wind :thumbs:

00159_zps45d391da.jpg

Jim, i agree with what you say and my mutts are in the house mostly :thumbs:

And nice set up jai :victory: Atb

• Like 3

Ray you can get roofing struts that slot into the run panels and are adjustable for the pitch, i agree with skycat that runs are best roofed. I also put strips of clear plastic over pop holes to help prevent drafts/wind :thumbs:

00159_zps45d391da.jpg

That's a nice set up too: but ours have chewed the plastic strips off :laugh: All bar a couple sleep in the house at night, and they have carpet over the pop holes in the winter,but they are not in kennels full time.

Like the chicken wire inside the bars: pups are terrible for getting their heads stuck in the bars aren't they!

• Like 1

00159_zps45d391da.jpg

That's a nice set up too: but ours have chewed the plastic strips off :laugh: All bar a couple sleep in the house at night, and they have carpet over the pop holes in the winter,but they are not in kennels full time.

Like the chicken wire inside the bars: pups are terrible for getting their heads stuck in the bars aren't they!

I had a nearly nine hour round trip to pick my pup up, finally got home to find my seven week old nightmare could fit through the bars in the run. So had to spend the next few hours last thing at night phoning round to borrow some chicken wire and cable ties :laugh: Pups can be hard work LOL

• Like 1

exactly the reasons i put a roof on mine,it was cheap enough to do and also adds that little bit extra security,mind you lot of expense for a terrier the lurcher pup is in the house :laugh:

• Like 1