Rainbow Trout Fishing

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's a bit rough mate,youre observations are correct,but not really necessary,the guys proud of his lad and rightly so,and the lads clearly happy with the fish...you can only catch whats there and w

Went up to gleenkeen trout fishery a cuple of weeks ago and caught a few around the two pound mark then caught a 9lb 6oz and a 12lb 3oz on yellow dancers,nymphs and nomads ........ You should try the

Why are there so many people prepared to piss on someone's parade, we all kno what commercial fisherys are about but to knock someone for encourging their lad and getting him out and about in this day

Posted Images

IF we get down to brass tacks catching rainbows is not natural in the UK ......But we cant all be blessed with catching browines on Loch chalkstream etc etc.

I never forget that day I was figure of eighting and the line tighten and fish wheels in the air shock horror it was stockie but the feeling was as if it was a marlin.

I think its easy for some to forget what its like to not be blessed with chances there life brings them

Good luck youngu and keep it up

Cookie

• Like 2

Just look at the poor quality of these Fish , :D... all caught on the Multi-Mono Fly ..002-68.jpg

Lovely fish there NR, don't think I've heard of the multi mono fly........maybe it's a northern pattern ?........just a quick tip for you however......when taking photos try and put the rod and fly in the pic, rather than that pile of rubbish next to your fish.......trout and salmon magazine will only accept pictures for their 'fish of the month' competition if taken by the river bank with the rod and killing fly in the picture.

I'm off up north next week.......maybe somewhere near you......put your order in for next months issue and me and my mate might be in it........I'll put a a couple of 'taster' pics up to let you know how we got on.

Tight lines

Bell

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

well done to the lad and his dad...

I dont think TC meant any disrespect to either of them, but the fishery itself.... as much as I hate them I started my lad off on the stocked puddles, they've got to learn, this season he was on the river and a days wrecking... those early days cathing little roach and rudd are what got him hooked, so I suppose everything has its use :thumbs:

Always fancied a bash at netting fish, anybody fancy showing me?????

where you at HM? drop me a pm.....

If you do not want to get caught then leave well alone :D our PK does not have a good record of outwitting the law when it comes to nets and the Salmonade family. :laugh:

TC

Edited by tiercel
  • Like 2

Always fancied a bash at netting fish, anybody fancy showing me?????

where you at HM? drop me a pm.....

If you do not want to get caught then leave well alone :D our PK does not have a good record of outwitting the law when it comes to nets and the Salmonade family. :laugh:

TC

i do....... 99% of the time :D

like all things of this nature we have to be lucky every time they only have to be lucky once.or never.... if some green eyed monster who was supposed to be your friend grasses you in.

did you not have a brush with the law with a similar thing allan :thumbs::laugh::laugh:

Edited by perthshire keeper
  • 2 months later...

Trout fisheries/over stocked carp lakes might not be everyone's cup of tea, BUT they are great places to take youngsters because they have a better chance of hooking into a fish.

They couldn't careless what the fish look like they just love the thrill of hooking and hopefully landing fish, the quickest way to sour a kids enthusiasm for fishing is a couple of blank sessions.

So we'll done that man.

Happy hunting

• Like 1

Sorry, but I am going to upset you now. That is one sorry excuse for a trout, it has no tail and is a barrel of lard. Another example of profit over quality.

TC

why steal the child's thunder ! Pathetic comment to make !!

FFS Another keyboard warrier that connot read, just looks at pictures, and makes assumtions. Read the o/post again the child did not catch the fish!!!!!!!!

What part of the bold do you not understand? Its fisheries owners charging top money for shit fish. Are you lot really that fecking thick that you cannot see what was said?

TC

I don't think £10 for a day ticket is a fishery owner charging top money ?? Yes it's a stockie but I don't reckon the young lad would have been bothered if the fish and no fecking tail at all do you !......and that's irrespective of wether he caught the fish or not.......I know at that age I would have been remembering that fish for a long time..........as he grows up then sure he can appreciate better quality of fish but at that age let him enjoy his moment.

Bell.

So true, well put . I was 4 when my dad took me trout fishing, he made the first cast of the day and gave me the rod to retrieve, a minute later I hooked into a rainbow. I'm 42 now and fly fishing is in my blood (I wonder why?!). Nice one on the OP for posting, you are preserving the future of trout fishing and at £10 a ticket fair play to the fishery for giving people the chance to get young ones into the sport. Edited by RobJ