What Type??

B unit

I have border X lakeland terriers and work them with my bedi whippets with good effect. To be fare the lurchers are great in cover on their own apart from being silent but it's not a problem to me because one dog in and two watching usually does the trick.

The Bedlington line gives them great nose and usually a tough coat, you could do a lot worse than getting a nice wee first cross that will take anything except hares.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm biasd but you won't bet a well schooled pack of beagles..................why cross something that has been bred for the job?   spaniels only have one gear in my book and it's hard for the lurche

Jack Russell.   Got a bitch here that's stepping up to the plate every time we put rabbit scent her way.   Disused railway embankments are brilliant places for a dog to gain the experience and req

I was thinking along the lines of a spaniel to be honest but obviously terriers are handy dogs to have around but aren't they always going to ground?

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

Well I went to my mates on Wednesday and he had a 6 month old jrt there so I ended up with it! Spent most of time just bonding with it but today the lurcher caught one and retrieved it I was well chuffed because it gave him the chance to see what it was all about and a good shake, keen as mustard after that he was