2001 Non Turbo Scooby

hi,

I use to have a non turbo Scooby wagon sport, and it was a very good motor, for light on/off road work, ie- across flatish fields it was ok, it had the hi/low ratio gear box which was very handy, I used to get about 270 miles to a tank of fuel costing £60-£65 to fill up, it also corned well because of the full time all wheel drive, it wasn't a super fast car like the turbo versions but mine wasn't that slow either, but what you lacked in speed you made it up on the bends because of the awd, they don't sell for a lot of money unlike the turbo's do, so don't expect to get loads of money for it, if you are looking at the Subaru's you would be better off getting a gls forester, higher ground clearance, and not as thirsty as mine (even though they are identical engines) mine was a shade more tuned, and I would have another one very good all rounder.

hope this helps

tillylamp

I've got the 2000 non turbo Legacy so almost identical apart from a slightly larger boot.

Put it bluntly, their bomb proof!! Mines never put a foot wrong

I've ragged the cr*p out of mine on roads and across the stubbles chasing the combine up and down and the only things I've had go wrong was the clutch which was on it's way out when I bought it (think it was about £180 to get fixed) and a rusty exhaust which blew a hole, cost me a pint to get it welded up.

I paid £600 for mine 2 years ago, done about 23k miles in it and to tell you the truth I've not even done an oil change on it since. Only thing it regularly gets is £10 part worn tyres from the scrappy (it/me seems to get through tyres quite quick).

Mpg, on a run I'll usually get low thirties and around town mid- high twenties. Cross the fields or driving hard you can get it down to low twenties.

• Like 1

ended up i never got it as it was only 1700 to stat a new insurance policy for it but my insurance wanted 1700 ontop of what iv alredy payd this year till aprill so I just left it ill get one once my insurance is up...