Best Line Of Whippet Lads ?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gay whippet - 22"  

To be honest Rake. . . . I did. . . just 'fancy' a whippet. Which was probably totally illogical. I did my research, spoke to lots of folk, and went to where I did. It's worked in the sense that, I've

I have a small lurcher that was coming on leaps and bounds...for lamping she was shiit hot... a bit 'out of it' for ferreting.... although i didnt really give her a chance....   My whippet is on the

Posted Images

Just find the biggest hardest looking Whippet you can find.

That was kinda how I went about it . . . .

You have to Jai, most of the Whippets you will find on sale, are waay too fragile for me, and there are plenty on here who own them that will confirm that.

I struggle to understand why anyone who is looking for a working dog, rules out lurchers cause they want to be a "whippet man"

Get the dog that does the job you want, and if thats a whippet, then get a whippet that can stand up to the job.

• Like 1

I am not knocking the lads on this forum but if I was you I would try the working whippet forum may be a good starting point...atb

450 a pup on there....

you beat me to it i was on there for a while but i seen whippets on there for £600 and the lads said these pups were worth it

Just find the biggest hardest looking Whippet you can find.

That was kinda how I went about it . . . .

You have to Jai, most of the Whippets you will find on sale, are waay too fragile for me, and there are plenty on here who own them that will confirm that.

I struggle to understand why anyone who is looking for a working dog, rules out lurchers cause they want to be a "whippet man"

Get the dog that does the job you want, and if thats a whippet, then get a whippet that can stand up to the job.

To be honest Rake. . . . I did. . . just 'fancy' a whippet. Which was probably totally illogical. I did my research, spoke to lots of folk, and went to where I did. It's worked in the sense that, I've not met a tougher whippet. . .. and the dog has done for me, things which I never thought a whippet would. And has become a great ferreting dog for me, and was shaping up to be a cracking lamp dog. And he's probably one of the hardest hunting running dogs i've seen. . . .

. . . . . However he IS a whippet, and as such, limited by a his size, and in some instances his skin. However, i'd say that on form, he;d show up plenty enough lurchers of his size, and open a few folks eyes. . . .

As much as I dont get why you'd want to become a 'whippet man'. . . . there is definitely a stigma to owning a 'gay' whippet. . . . rather than a 'proper' lurcher. As if, that guarantees a better dog and mre game caught. . . . .

Would I buy another whippet . . . . . i'm not sure, quite possibly not. Would I buy another if it was going to be like him? . . . . . in a heartbeat. . . .

And I really hope i'll have his blood around me for a long time. . . . . . fingers crossed. . . .

• Like 4

How can there be a stigma to a 'gay' whippet?...

Its not like a bull x... that makes you look hard... or a muscled lurcher that makes you look like a proper hunter...

A gay whippet...makes you look gay? ....

Some.people like whippets...for whatever reasons they may be...

They just suit some peoples lifestyle...

Its not like a bull x... that makes you look hard... or a muscled lurcher that makes you look like a proper hunter...

I can't work out if that's sarcasm. . . . i'm tired.

What I meant. . . is that on such places as the wornderfull world of THL. . . . . some folk look down on the humble whippet and their owners.

As in. . . . it's not a proper working running dog. . . . because it ain't a lurcher. . . . .

And i didn't say I agreed Lee.

I can't work out if that's sarcasm. . . . i'm tired.

What I meant. . . is that on such places as the wornderfull world of THL. . . . . some folk look down on the humble whippet and their owners.

As in. . . . it's not a proper working running dog. . . . because it ain't a lurcher. . . . .

And i didn't say I agreed Lee.

Crossed wires maybe? ... :thumbs: ...