Dog Or Bitch...

What are people's preferences?

I know everyone is different. Some lads won't touch a bitch and vice versa some won't have a dog. Whereas others don't care and just pick whatever pup takes there eye.

I've said for a while I wouldn't have another dog, only bitches. They seem that bit more obedient and loyal. I know there is the downside of them coming into season and that can be some hassle.

I've been looking after my mates dog this week and he has really taken to me, and me him. He doesn't leave my side. If we are in the garden my bitch lies down 10 feet away and he comes and puts his head on my lap. Really affectionate dog and does anything to please me.

Do you find this is just down to the breeding and individual dog or is there a general "bitches are generally more loyal" etc?

I always thought bitches were that bit easier to bring on because dogs go through the male dominance stage at 8-12 months when they realise they have got balls?

Just curious as to what others think.

No right or wrong answers :thumbs:

I'm a bitch man but only because my first dog was a bitch so didn't want the hassle of separating the 2 dogs when the bitch is in heat, would be the same if my first dog was a dog I'd be a dog man.

• Like 1

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

bitches for me ... ive got 2 dogs on now and they drive me mad pissing up every tree or blade of grass thats slightly longer than the rest

i use the term truer run.from the greyhound days.i always found the vast majority of bitches gave you a true run.100% on the job they had to do. not saying dogs dont,but in my expierence and from othe

I prefer dogs. I've heard the usual "bitches are more faithful, better with kids, more obedient etc". BUT anyone that has ever said that to me didn't keep dogs In my time around hounds and terriers

i use the term truer run.from the greyhound days.i always found the vast majority of bitches gave you a true run.100% on the job they had to do. not saying dogs dont,but in my expierence and from other greyhound men if you have a grey who happens to have a wee bit distraction it was always from the dog lol

but i have a theory that most of the top greyhounds have some wee niggle or something that makes the owners heart miss a few beats lol look at scurlougue champ,that dog was a freak of nature lol there no way that was dog chasing that lure lol

• Like 2