• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It might be just me, but if I was hunting something that took 7 minutes to kill I'd either switch dog, switch technique...or failing that switch quarry! Not my cup of tea watching something take that

They are here Bird there's a few breeders in the uk. They are supposed to have great temperments but I know what you mean about the wrong hands

Kagool ya daftie.....

Posted Images

Big dogs I've seen them in Turkey where they they use them to protect sheep from wolves and bears. Wolves are supposed to be easy for them.

http://youtu.be/uzzy8QSvDCg

it took some killing. was good size wolf, but the bite of them Kangals are very powerful, mate goes over turkey alot and said they would kill wild dogs ,same size of labs easy.Good job you carnt get them over here, or they get in the wrong hands very quick :yes:

you can get kangals over here

Big dogs I've seen them in Turkey where they they use them to protect sheep from wolves and bears. Wolves are supposed to be easy for them.

it took some killing. was good size wolf, but the bite of them Kangals are very powerful, mate goes over turkey alot and said they would kill wild dogs ,same size of labs easy.Good job you carnt get them over here, or they get in the wrong hands very quick :yes:

No...ray....for fucks sake don't buy one...

Ah reckon you've got enough on yer hands wi the big Buck fella Ray....might be worth a shot though.... :laugh:

you prob mean the A/S which is just a show dog, dont think its a proper Kangal,? if there here would like to see the real thing .!

Ah reckon you've got enough on yer hands wi the big Buck fella Ray....might be worth a shot though.... :laugh:

you right col, the size of him you would think there some in him .for 11 months old :laugh:

Not sure buddy don't know enough about them. Is there more than one type of the breed? I don't think they've been f****d about with to much by the show people KC only recognised them as a pure breed last year.

you right col, the size of him you would think there some in him .for 11 months old :laugh:

Hope all's good with you mate..... :thumbs:

you prob mean the A/S which is just a show dog, dont think its a proper Kangal,? if there here would like to see the real thing .!

kangals are over here , registered as kangals with the kc

That turkish fella was saying, good lad, well done. Small wolf that, you can get them over their much bigger then that. That was on the borders with syria id say, where its mainly desert, further north west, the winters are cold and the wolves are a lot bigger. As said, their all the same species, but vary from region to region in turkey. The dog did very well, they are some beast, when i was living over their as a kid, the karabash was the main dog, i have a feeling the kangal is a similar breed and may have close breeding.

Edited to say, to be honest, i felt sorry for the wolf, it should of been killed quick after he got the dog off, as it was still alive and dying slowly, but they are village people and dont know any better, a good blow to the head would of put it out of its misery. :thumbs:

Edited by Saluki246
  • Like 1

That turkish fella was saying, good lad, well done. Small wolf that, you can get them over their much bigger then that. That was on the borders with syria id say, where its mainly desert, further north west, the winters are cold and the wolves are a lot bigger. As said, their all the same species, but vary from region to region in turkey. The dog did very well, they are some beast, when i was living over their as a kid, the karabash was the main dog, i have a feeling the kangal is a similar breed and may have close breeding.

Edited to say, to be honest, i felt sorry for the wolf, it should of been killed quick after he got the dog off, as it was still alive and dying slowly, but they are village people and dont know any better, a good blow to the head would of put it out of its misery. :thumbs:

yeh they should have killed the wolf, when they got the dog off.Just shows how tough a wolf is big or small.The Kangal got hell of a bite on it, and that wolf was still alive, maybe tha coat saves them from the full power of the Kangal jaw, or as said wolves very tough animal. Dan on here said how tough a 35lb yote is , and we think a 18-20 lb dog fox is a test for a lurcher lol

Have you ever seen fangs this big?? :icon_eek: it's on a Kangal....wouldn't want that hanging off my arse!!!

i thought a kangal was a waterproof coat..................................... :laugh:

Kagool ya daftie..... :laugh:

daftie ?? :D :D :D

Anyone else would be called a thick c*nt .... but fuzzy gets called a daftie :lol: :lol:

Edited by Wxm

yeh they should have killed the wolf, when they got the dog off.Just shows how tough a wolf is big or small.The Kangal got hell of a bite on it, and that wolf was still alive, maybe tha coat saves them from the full power of the Kangal jaw, or as said wolves very tough animal. Dan on here said how tough a 35lb yote is , and we think a 18-20 lb dog fox is a test for a lurcher lol

:thumbs: ..If you ever look closely at a fox coat and skin and try and tear it, its fairly tough, even cubs, they don't tear easy, so you can imagine what a wolf skin and coat is like, tougher then a badgers..!

i think thats more like a yote than a wolf, typical throat dog takes all day to kill bottom line yella b*sta*d i bet if the yote had bit him on the face he would have stood off and the yote could have probably made an escape. Give me a dog that goes to the engine room every time.