Dog Law Changes Dda

if the dog is warning the house holders,some muppet is in the area that's his job, if the dog is barking endlessly because some body bought a emotional teddy bear,

The proposed new law covers barking towards tresspassers, that the tresspasser thinks is 'aggresive', rather than just random yapping. The Telegraph article goes into more detail.

If you got have a dangerous dog, keep it in a run or with the owner, and thats how it should be

Keeping a dog in a run makes no difference at all under the proposed new law. If it bites someone the owner has still commited an offence. Why would someone tresspass into a run containing a dog? Well, we all know dogs get stolen, particularly working ones.

many farms have loose type guard dogs, and if you was just passing the place the bloody things will still try to get you., if the new law stops this great, ive had few close calls and if been a kid would have made the papers :yes:

Some farms have guard dogs because theft from farms costs more than 52 million a year, disrupts business and tresspassers can turn violent when disturbed. If you have been hurt by a dog in a public place, like a road, then you should have reported it as that would have been covered by existing law.

Edited by Plank

If it stops that f*ckin yapping Piece of shit next door to me I'm all for it, it's a tiny havense type thing, when anyone passes the house its on the window sill yapping away, and the 1st thing they do no matter what day it is Saturday Sunday whatever 7-8am in the morning they open the back door let the f*cking thing out into the garden yapyap yap feckin yap.

From what you have said I do not think it will. If the dog is inside the house it would not be covered, unless it was aggressively barking at someone also inside with permission. Nor would it be covered if it was outside randomly yapping rather than barking at someone.

If you are willing to risk falling out with your neigbours you could complain to the council's environmental heath dept. If they consider the noise the dog is causing to be unreasonably interfering with your 'enjoyment' of your property (depends on noise levels, times it is barking, how long for etc) then they could tell your neigbours to limit the noise or face a fine.

In other words, rules against nuisance noise already exist. The proposed new law covers barking at tresspassers (as well as biting people breaking into sheds etc). Check out the links.

If it stops that f*ckin yapping Piece of shit next door to me I'm all for it, it's a tiny havense type thing, when anyone passes the house its on the window sill yapping away, and the 1st thing they do no matter what day it is Saturday Sunday whatever 7-8am in the morning they open the back door let the f*cking thing out into the garden yapyap yap feckin yap.

From what you have said I do not think it will. If the dog is inside the house it would not be covered, unless it was aggressively barking at someone also inside with permission. Nor would it be covered if it was outside randomly yapping rather than barking at someone.

If you are willing to risk falling out with your neigbours you could complain to the council's environmental heath dept. If they consider the noise the dog is causing to be unreasonably interfering with your 'enjoyment' of your property (depends on noise levels, times it is barking, how long for etc) then they could tell your neigbours to limit the noise or face a fine.

In other words, rules against nuisance noise already exist. The proposed new law covers barking at tresspassers (as well as biting people breaking into sheds etc). Check out the links.

It was the same next door they had a fecking Great Dane barked all day every day they weren't out the street and it started it would lie out the back garden and lift its head and just bark , The hole place was never so happy when it died last year the silence is eerie , She now watches her grand kids and they run riot and i ask myself would you let somebody who couldn't train a dog watch your kids ?.

At the end of the day my dogs get the amount of exersize, mental stimulation and food most of all care so my dogs will not be charging the gate and barking so im, they are safe, if everybody had this then how can there be a danger?. Like i say some parts of the new law is ok by me as at times ive been made to jump when walking past a gate or fence off a loony owner whos dog only gets out the back to empty their bowels...

If my kelpies didn't bark when a fox came in to check out the bantams I'd be miffed.

And also; what about responsible dog owners with "occasionaly barking dogs" who have to put up with do-gooder neighbours who come round to "bark" at them. Fortunately, I don't get that problem as all my neighbours are very complimentary of my three but I'm sure a lot of people have to put up with that kind of thing.

Dogs fecking bark, it's what they do.. Don't like constantly noisy dogs myself but hearing a dog bark a few times throughout the day is hardly the end of the world is it?

Dogs fecking bark, it's what they do.. Don't like constantly noisy dogs myself but hearing a dog bark a few times throughout the day is hardly the end of the world is it?

No but when they bark 24/7 it wears you down . boy next door let it out anytime from one am to three am and it stood in the garden barking its head off and hes just looking at it . There hardley out the street and its barking at leaves blowing in the wind , no need for it simple training and it could of been a differnt story

No but when they bark 24/7 it wears you down . boy next door let it out anytime from one am to three am and it stood in the garden barking its head off and hes just looking at it . There hardley out the street and its barking at leaves blowing in the wind , no need for it simple training and it could of been a differnt story

As you say it would have been different with a bit of training,it boils back to a irresponsible dog owner,the world is stuffed full of kids being dragged along with bull terriers,who think they know what they are doing,most of them havn't got the life experience,to run there own live's let alone be responsible for that of a dog,one which needs real leader ship,half the time its been bought for them by a mother who wants to stop her kids doing bad things,or to get them off the bloody play station,that's why people are happy to campaign to ban pit bull terrier,s blame the dog not the owner,it can't be my boy's fault he's perfect, took it for a walk the the shop's last week,I love dogs, I have been around them all my life,but they are not expendable throw away toys, for the amusement of people who just want to stick them back on the shelve, till next time. Rant Over

• Like 1

Anybody on this site who thinks its ok for a dog out in the yard barking 24.7. Is bonkers. Next to me ive got two yorkies that bark at endless fresh air i told ma neighbours they doing ma nutt in, they let me watergun them lol now the moment the dogs hear a door latch they bolt lol ut was better than the police or council.

Aye I'm not saying anybody should have to put up with constantly barking dogs, just saying it's natural for dogs to bark from time to time, am I wrong or what? :blink::laugh:

Mine open up when a knock at door or someone trying my back gate which is always kocked no problem with that but howling dogs every minute when owner got feet up watching the kyle show does ma nutt in.

Edited by bracken boy