Got A Squirrel Culling Job Coming Up

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ive just brought a catapult to give it a try! Cant wait to get it out and give it a try!

There a great piece of kit wouldnt be without mine, had four kills so far 3 pigeon 1 dove, squirrels are next on the list, what catty you bought mate?

I am a fan of the Kania....   As to whether the statute says, you must use a tunnel,.as a legal requirement, or not...personally,..I would always try to provide some kind of extra 'walk in' as an ad

Cheers guys for the advice but as Matt said it is a paid job so don't think it would be appropriate to use a catapult.

you say its a paid job and you are looking for tips? well my tip would be , not to take it on until you have more experience , trapping squirrels is not difficult but you still have to know how to go about it ,you have made the right start by asking for a few tips but until you put that advice into practice you will still not have any experience, start at the bottom with a couple of fenns and learn the job, its not hard but there are no short cuts, once you have the kit and the knowledge you can charge for your services, until that time squirrels ,rabbits , rats ,and moles will often make a novice look foolish. :thumbs:

try cage traps on platforms fixed to the sides of tree,wire them open,then prebait for a few days.

this is how i catch 90% of my squirrels.no kill traps allowed because of reds.

I work 40hrs a month for local red squirrel group

• Like 1

same method cage trap make my own cost about fiver to make when i drop on cheap mesh feed for aweek flake maze build natrual tunel with logs put trap down bingo had the odd hedgehog but plenty of hen pheasants but squiggys usually beatem to it

Just use a bodygrip in a cage.Place some natural cover over the cage if you want to conceal it slightly...Then bait the area.

The 110's are excellent little traps and cheap in comparison to some of the more expensive ones shown on this thread.

There's a lot of options, as you can see, everyones got a different opinion on whats better and why..