Don't Want Too Go Too Work

Im not working at the minute and the boredom is killing me... Im vertially off the drink now so im in middle of putting together a business plan and setting up a shop... estimate 2-3mths before im ready to open

+ I will be on a start your own business allowance (full dole paid for 12mths while your business gets on its feet)

a junk shop ;)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

5 years is too long for me, I need to have a plan for a year to 3 years or I'm shitting myself with anxiety! LOL. I hate feeling trapped or no where to go, need a plan no matter how daft to keep mysel

Any one else just get the feeling of just quiting your job or just not turning up

Yeah, but that isn't really an option when you have a mortgage to pay and shit like that. Always have a plan and never see what you are doing now as the end of the path, if you start thinking like tha

Im not working at the minute and the boredom is killing me... Im vertially off the drink now so im in middle of putting together a business plan and setting up a shop... estimate 2-3mths before im ready to open

+ I will be on a start your own business allowance (full dole paid for 12mths while your business gets on its feet)

a junk shop ;)
Pretty much ;)

a junk shop ;)
Pretty much ;)

more people buying second hand than ever gem - get the right gear you`ll do ok.. :thumbs: the mrs did the local car boot sunday clothes shoes dvds and a few electrical bits and took 310 quid in 2 hours...all shit that was piling up in the garage sold the lot..

• Like 1

Good luck Big Lurks, hope you get things sorted out...

Works what you make it and what you want from it really..

If your truly un happy get out and do something else... Plus there is work out there, but you've got to go out and get it...

Personally I think I've had a plan and gone fir it full tilt, gambled like fck a few times and it may pay off... 36 now 10 more years and I should be able to take a but of a back seat, all being well..

• Like 1

Set up busness 4 year ago... from scratch making nothing and now turning over just under the VAT threshold.....

Hoping to be semi retired at 30 take a back seat and running the business... im 26 now :thumbs:

f***ing hell. What do you do? How can it do it too?

But before I get too excited, what's your blotto line? After all 'turnover is vanity, profit is sanity' lol.

So far ive done the math, to earn a very low wage of 300euro per week I have to sell 1000euro of goods each week ..

Possible? I havent yet factored in insurance costs and this is only factoring me as the sole employee

Im hoping to bring in 2500per week then I can afford to hire someone else

I must be mad setting up a shop in the current climate

Set up busness 4 year ago... from scratch making nothing and now turning over just under the VAT threshold.....

Hoping to be semi retired at 30 take a back seat and running the business... im 26 now :thumbs:

f*****g hell. What do you do? How can it do it too?

But before I get too excited, what's your blotto line? After all 'turnover is vanity, profit is sanity' lol.

Profit runs at about 80% :thumbs:

Is that before costs (rent/rates/tax) or after

Bloody hell mate 80% clear profit is an unreal return... No idea of your business but if you get that right for a few years you'll be a very wealthy man...

Without going into the nitty gritty we've got to turn over a lot of money to make our returns, we're looking at clear company profits of 8-10% after everything, a lot of wages inc our own... You get a lot if bunces that help as well, it's a long road this business malarkey and probably harder now than ever... But if you get it right it's still there for anyone..

Good luck with your venture Gem, nothing ventured nothing gained as they say.....

No rent or rates at all... and its before tax :no:

I do 'service' not 'product'

However, i have something else coming up soon to do aswell. Im taking a little gamble on it, but if it pans out well, then itl make me a happy man :laugh:

However, i have something else coming up soon to do aswell. Im taking a little gamble on it, but if it pans out well, then itl make me a happy man :laugh:

That's what it's about mate " the gamble", personally it makes me tick, famine and feast as my old man calls it lol...

It's not for everyone and I've done my fair share of late night walking lol.... But when it comes off.. Happy days..

Good luck mate