• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've posted this before but this little dog I bred 30 years ago became Ch Marvin and the only time he lost a weightpull was when he caught the lure! This litter I raised on nothing but wild caught gam

Tinned dog food is at least % water: waste of money and not good enough for pups. Plus full of flavourings, artificial colours etc. Much better to feed fresh meat as part of a balanced diet; there are

The amount of posts that come up on here on Nutrition for working Dogs. you could write a book on the subject.

Tinned dog food is at least 80% water: waste of money and not good enough for pups. Plus full of flavourings, artificial colours etc. Much better to feed fresh meat as part of a balanced diet; there are loads of raw dog food suppliers these day: just Google raw dog food suppliers, or use a good quality complete food where meat is the first ingredient listed on the bag: that is important, as the cheap complete foods contain more wheat than meat, plus use things like soya, beet pulp etc to add to the bulk and weight without contributing much to the overall nutrient value.

I've sent you a pm.

• Like 2

Buy the best complete puppy food you can afford as it's the most important stage in the dogs life. Introduce some raw and bin the tinned sh1te...as said it's mostly water, flavourings etc and will probably do nothing for the pup but give it the runs!!!

Just to add...you're pup may be fussy as 1 of mine was and I tried a few before I settled on Burns. She loved it and done really well on it ;-)

Edited by AirgunGuy

Been feeding my dogs redmill dryed food as mixer to go with mince a ckicken wings and veg. Took them off the redmill over the summer because think the proteion been making them hyper doese any 1 know a good dry food about 18%?

Reards

Dave

hey guys what do you guys feed your pups when there 12 week + too help growth feedng mine tinned meat atm but wanting to no whats better cheers

atb

Either get in touch with some good local dog lads who can point you in the right direction or get down your local dog track usually some one in attendance on race nights selling fresh meat etc

marvin.jpg

I've posted this before but this little dog I bred 30 years ago became Ch Marvin and the only time he lost a weightpull was when he caught the lure! This litter I raised on nothing but wild caught game, rabbit and hare carcass, from the time when they could only suck on the meat until they were able to crunch bones and all. They never tasted any kind of meal nor processed food until after they left me aged 8 weeks or older. I had a freezer filled by my best ever lurcher...Fly...at the time.

• Like 3

Been feeding my dogs redmill dryed food as mixer to go with mince a ckicken wings and veg. Took them off the redmill over the summer because think the proteion been making them hyper doese any 1 know a good dry food about 18%?

Reards

Dave

What about Gain20? Less protein for off season.

Reards

Dave

why don't you try redmills tracker 20%?

Wolves, like other carnivores, eat animals all year round so apart from the raised fat content of summer and autumn kills I wouldn't imagine there needs to be a vastly different diet for different seasons. That idea belongs to the salesmen who want access to our wallets, imho.

• Like 1

I don't change my dogs feeding at all. They still get their raw beef, rabbit or fish with a handful of Gain 28...a wee bit of brown pasta or rice and some veg. They'll either store the excess as body fat...which can be run off when they start again or sh1t it out :thumbs: