The Old Lamping Comps

Takes more than a silly boy to make me spit my dummy .........

I still wont tell you just because your dummy is out and your stamping your feet :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Edited by C Hall

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why would anybody want to be part of the fiasco and nonsense that's brought about by these competitions ... Fair play to LDR he worked hard to get the comp u and running and all he got was grief ... A

These comps are for those that want to,..or need to,...prove something ,..either to themselves, or to others....   We are all different,..and that is a fact... Some guys are ultra competitive and

iv always strived for better, with me, my dogs an my bags, i couldnt care less if folks thought i had a wonder dog or a pot licker. as long as my dogs do what i ask then ill keep pushing them, just to

Posted Images

ferreting comp would be more fun.

one man..one dog..one Ferret.. no nets.

much more things to go wrong or right.

Come on lets face it chaps..lamping is no test of a good dog,It was only invented so daytime dogs that failed could catch at night....heheheeee

ferreting comp would be more fun.

one man..one dog..one Ferret.. no nets.

much more things to go wrong or right.

Come on lets face it chaps..lamping is no test of a good dog,It was only invented so daytime dogs that failed could catch at night....heheheeee

Well said that man :thumbs: ...........

• Like 1

WHEN I COME ON TO NET SNIPE WAS PASSED HIS BEST HES WAS COMEING UP TO 9 YEAR OLD,, SO THE COMP WAS OUT FOR ME OR AT LEAST I THINK HIT WAS,,LOL////////BUT LOOKINGF BACK, IFF THE WINNER OF THE COMP DONE 30 IN THE DALES IT STUD OUT,, Fu#K ME SHIPE WAS DOING THE MID 40 AT 10 HALF, YEAR OLD, THE PICS AND POST AND WITNESS HIS ON HERE....,, AND STILL ADD WIND IN HIM,,,,, 2 /3 HOURS UP THE DALES,PROVE S JACK S#IT,,, IT A NUMBER,,,, FOLK CALL MB,, BUT HE WILL GO IN AT THE DEEP END/// DAY,TIME HARE ECT,,,,,,ECT,,, SO DONT KNOCK HIS DOG IFF YOU DONT LIKE HIM,,, THE DOGS DO THE TALKING AT THE END OF THE DAY,not the chap who they belong to/// SIMPLE HAS################## ive bin out with chaps on these sites I don't no them from adam,, and me dog do what I say they can do,, I wud not put meself in a place iff they cud not,,,, ENJO THE LAMPING COMPS FOR WHAT THEY ARE,,,, BUT IT PROVE [NOWT] JUST A BIT OF CRACK,,,,,,,,,,

He won't go in at the deep end at and run anything anywhere,that's bullshit jim :yes: ,he has handy dogs i'll grant you that and apart from a few prancing about the sharp end they do the job he wants them for but the man himself is a spineless snake in the grass and a lot us have seen this for ourselves so please don't try to polish that particular pile of shite :thumbs:

• Like 3

:hmm:These comps are for those that want to,..or need to,...prove something ,..either to themselves, or to others....

We are all different,..and that is a fact... :laugh:

Some guys are ultra competitive and like to be winners, and others are more content in their own skin,..and some just like the quiet life..

I would obviously place myself in the latter category,..in fact, I am so fecking laid back and lazy,. some days I am comatose... :laugh:

I suppose the facts of the matter are,...(and possibly the truth is),...that not everyone wants to walk out , or even talk to folk, that they do not know,...it would be a nightmare to be in their company,......

Personaly, I can think of nothing worse than spending time with men, who have a manic desire to be the best, etc.

As a rabbit hunter,..over many, many years,...I have met lots of fellow enthusiasts..even pseudo heroes and lurcher legends,..and my advice to anyone with a penchant towards sycophancy,. would be to get yourself out there, and try your hardest to have a mouch with as many different guys as you can,.see how they operate, watch their style of doing things, and work hard towards killing as much game, as your jukels can handle,..and then,..fer fucks sake,..get it out of your system,...and maybe put things into perspective and realise that there is far more to life,.. than crowing about silly fecking dogs and ferrets,...FFS... :blink:

There must be thousands of lurchers in the UK,...in fact I know of a handful of lads that have never been to a dog show,.read a book,.seen a DVD or even know what the fecking Internet is,...they just get out there, have the craic, earn their vonga and kill their chosen quarry...Competitions are best kept private,.... bit like a brace of lads that need to sort out something,.just get it on,.do what you have to do, then hopefully shake hands afterwards,...and move on....

Anyway, that is my take on things,....but,.. I could well be wrong...

All the best, Phil. :thumbs:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 8

I think matching his little collie whippet against a fen dog on the fen was decent result..

He did get to the final to of one of these lamp comps..

I Backed him to win but he dropped out during the comp...

Fair old drive for man and dog.. Got to give him some credit

I have had some verbal cyber spats with him a few years back but to be honest it was more me being argumentative and personal than him..

He don't even com on the net anymore to my knowledge. He could make a forum a "bit interesting" that's for sure lol ..

my dicks bigger than your dick comp :laugh: get real lads get out work your dogs be happy if your dog puts bunnies in the bag result what have you got to prove nothing enjoy your dogs ffs plus its summer time now so lets see how many want it in winter not to many me thinks :yes::thumbs:

• Like 1

iv always strived for better, with me, my dogs an my bags, i couldnt care less if folks thought i had a wonder dog or a pot licker. as long as my dogs do what i ask then ill keep pushing them, just to see what they are made of. i dont think the game dealer would be too happy tho or my wallet if i was to start taking tom dick an harry with there running dogs onto the land that has provided me the dogs an the game dealer with so much over the last decade. iv always thought about running in a comp just to see what iv got against other dogs i wouldnt normally run against, but the thought of the bickering/backstabbing an cheating puts me off. ill happily just quietly compare what i got against my good mates dogs an the records of the previous drop off at game dealer :D

moral of the story... if you think you got a good un, look after it an itll look after you, fook the comps an the folk they attract :laugh::thumbs:

• Like 6

I think matching his little collie whippet against a fen dog on the fen was decent result..

He did get to the final to of one of these lamp comps..

I Backed him to win but he dropped out during the comp...

Fair old drive for man and dog.. Got to give him some credit

I have had some verbal cyber spats with him a few years back but to be honest it was more me being argumentative and personal than him..

He don't even com on the net anymore to my knowledge. He could make a forum a "bit interesting" that's for sure lol ..

There is a lot more to that days coursing than has been crowed about by the markbrick gang ;) ........

As for him not being on the Internet anymore .... He is never fukcing off it ... Infact he will be reading this now revelling in the fact that his name has been brought up again ... He will be close to a hardon by now :laugh: ...........

• Like 2

I believe the comps were started as a bit of fun but soon turned into the biggest dick comp by some ,which is a shame as ldr put some hard work into it.dont know much of markbrick only what I have read but you cant knock his dogs ...maybe he was an arse of the highest order and spat his dummy out in the comp which imo spoilt the comp .but like some have said if your happy with your dog then you don't have to please anyone ...

Mr.Lloyd that post seems a little odd given your career as columnist, film maker and author, surely not the fastest route to a quiet life, lol.I've had experience of these comps in the past at club level and they're a bloody nightmare both logistically and organizationally, hats off to anyone barmy enough to try and run a national one.dont think they ever were a real reflection of which was the best dog overall either and seem to bring out the worst in people.atb

• Like 2

Socks, what is there not understand about he has shit on people. I am not prepared to say to who and explain to you what happened on a public forum because you think I should and you have a right to know, end of conversation :yes: Take this however you like :feck:

Then don't come a public site throwing around allegations that you can't back up you gobby fecker ...........

Thank you for you kind words, now put your dummy back in :laugh:

Takes more than a silly boy to make me spit my dummy .........

Hats no sense of humor :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

• Like 1

:laugh:True words Forester,...but,..business is business £££ :laugh:

However,...in my private life,...I honestly prefer to keep myself to myself....

All the best, Phil... :thumbs:

Dont blame you one bit!singing from the same hymn sheet mate.

_MG_0021.jpg