Sorry with the delay with results but my 'secretary' is typing one handed at the minute!

Winners from Shane’s Castle Racing and Showing

on Saturday 29th & Sunday 30th June 2013

Race Winners

Master McGrath

Winner Pat McGrath Joy

Reserve Fiona Devlin Shogun

Directors Challenge

Rough Coat Lurcher

Winner Frank Kenny Jack

Reserve Glen Doherty Diesel

Bull Cross

Winner Decky Gordon Sasha

Reserve Brendan Cregan Ruby

Directors challenge Overall Winner Decky Gordon Sasha

Terrier

Winner Geoffrey Hutchinson Gruff

Reserve Liam Toner Vixen

KC Whippet

Winner Patsy McCoy Rio

Reserve Graham Fyffe Bolt

Whippet Under 21”

Winner Charlene Rafferty Lush

Reserve Rochelle Duffy Lily

Lurcher Under 21”

Winner Jude Lynch Jill

Reserve Brian Crothers Nell

Lurcher Under 23”

Winner Jed Donagh Flick

Reserve William Hill Mandy

Lurcher Over 23”

Winner Ivan McCann Patch

Reserve Timmy Clark Blue

Elite Under 21”

Winner Rose McCoy Zola

Reserve Janet Duke Sally

Elite Under 23”

Winner Rose McCoy Diego

Reserve John Humphries China

Elite Over 23”

Winner Fiona Devlin Chad

Reserve M Kenny Nell

Show Winners

Handling Classes

Child Pet Handling Every child that entered was a little winner

Champion Pet Handler Janet Boyce Taz

Young Handler (Hunting Dog) Liam Toner Nemo

Young Handler (Hunting Bitch) Alannah Harpur Misty

Terriers

Puppy Dessie Mackin Rush

Under 12” John Heslip Buddy

Pairs Niall Glogan Rex & Scrappy

AV Working Dessie Mackin Soda

Jack Russell Type Dog Fiona Devlin Mick

Jack Russell Type Bitch Robert Moore Gadget

Lakeland Type Dog / Bitch Janet Duke Mick

Fell / Patterdale Dog / Bitch Conor Gamble Darky

Border Dog Sarah Higham Fin

Cross Bred Dog / Bitch Roy Nixon Red

Veteran Peter Morgan Chief

Overall Winner Dessie Mackin Soda

Whippets

Puppy Dog Paul Reynolds Ben

Puppy Bitch Ryan Hunter Dusk

Whippet Dog Rose McCoy Rio

Whippet Bitch Sammy Bowers Lady

Working Bitch Charlene Rafferty Spring

Working Dog Nicky Robinson Bolt

Veteran Pamela Hunter Badger

Pairs Rochelle Duffy Lilly & Tighe

Overall Winner Sammy Bowers Lady

Lurchers

Puppy Chris Angus Rose

Whippet Cross Lisa Dumigan Dash

Pairs Stacey Rainey Gunner & Penny

Any Lamping Lurcher Brian Crothers Nell

Smooth Over 23” John Humphries Rebel

Rough Over 23” Sean McKeown Girl

Smooth & Rough Under 23” Jed Donagh Taz

Collie Cross David Simms Stella

Terrier Bred Roy Nixon Chip

Veteran Chris Loughran Sam

Overall Winner Brian Crothers Nell

Champion Classes

Puppy Champion Dessie Mackin Rush

Show Champion Dessie Mackin Soda

:toast: Congratulations to all winners :toast:

On behalf of the N.I.L.R.C. I would like to thank Albert Titterington and everyone involved with the running of Shanes Castle Game Fair for inviting us to run the Racing and Showing, and for all the support that has been given to them in this their 1st year.

The N.I.L.R.C. would also like to thank everyone who turned up and took part, not only at shanes castle but at all events held by them this year.

Again thank you for your support and hope this will continue.

Edited by king lurcher
  • Like 3

perhaps its because they support and attend most shows Graham, personally i don't enjoy them, so don't go but i've never understand why people get hot under the collar regarding showing or racing, its only a bit of summer craic , certainly not to be taken too serious.

• Like 9

Congratulations to all the winners!!!! and the dogs that were placed :toast: .

Looks like a lot of the top prizes for the racing lurcher dogs went down the M1, must be something to do with the water down that part of the world :D:D .

Working whippets....who is Nicky Robinson?.....must be a mistake, Graham Fyffe or is it Savage owns Bolt :boogy:

A big WELL DONE!!! to Brian Crothers with Nell on winning the Best In Show in the Lurchers :toast: .

• Like 5
Guest ladyjane

I must be at the wrong show, because I got 3 rosettes and it says on them Dublin working terrier club. Should it not say shanes castle or game fair ?

Funny Facts, I had the same, thought it was just me had got a rogue one lol

• Like 1

Lawrence totally u agree with show same faces but surely dogs should be picked on what class there in for. I've seen veterian terrier class been giving to terriers that should never be winning it because there owned by someone who goes to every show same as lurcher some of them an judges to a very poor standard

Looks like a lot of the top prizes for the racing lurcher dogs went down the M1, must be something to do with the water down that part of the world :D:D .

Working whippets....who is Nicky Robinson?.....must be a mistake, Graham Fyffe or is it Savage owns Bolt :boogy:

A big WELL DONE!!! to Brian Crothers with Nell on winning the Best In Show in the Lurchers :toast: .

Margaret im sure ive been called a Savage before but never to my face :laugh::laugh: :laugh: :laugh: What were you thinking Mrs Appleblossom in your Shanes castle fine food festival report? :laugh::laugh: Well done nicky getting placed with Bolt, you have him in good nick and since he is yours ive left his shite in the run for you to clean later and his tripe is defrosting in a bucket out the back . He is going out ferreting this Saturday so make sure you and him are well prepared and your packed lunch is ready :D:D

Edited by vermin catcher
  • Like 2

im sure ive been called a Savage before but never to my face :laugh::laugh: :laugh: :laugh: What were you thinking Mrs Appleblossom :laugh::laugh: Well done nicky getting placed with Bolt,ive left his shite in the run for you to clean later and his tripe is defrosting in a bucket :D:D

O dear God ,Graham my we love , I see what you mean, to much vino, I will change it. I will give you a big bear hug when I meet you next time. He He.

im sure ive been called a Savage before but never to my face :laugh::laugh: :laugh: :laugh: What were you thinking Mrs Appleblossom :laugh::laugh: Well done nicky getting placed with Bolt,ive left his shite in the run for you to clean later and his tripe is defrosting in a bucket :D:D

O dear God ,Graham my we love , I see what you mean, to much vino, I will change it. I will give you a big bear hug when I meet you next time. He He.

I think your plan Margaret was for me to break out the chaps again, just as reminder of who I am :yes::yes::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I think your plan Margaret was for me to break out the chaps again, just as reminder of who I am :yes::yes::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Lovely bum Graham, you made an old lady very happy

• Like 1