35 - 40 yards. But get the smaller objective as that will give you greater depth of field. At 35 yards set on 6x I can see to shoot happily from about 10 FEET out to 40 yards. So if you want crisper image at range, give it a little bit more to start with, say just over 40 yards.

• Like 1

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Always!   I've been shooting with 30/30 reticle scopes for the past 35-odd years and I love em! Currently I have a trusted Simmons Whitetail Classic 4.5-14 X 40 AO which I alternate with a Simmo

TASCO scopes from the 1980s were a really marvelous deal for air rifle shooters back then. They gave us our first proper scopes at sensible prices. It's good to read you are still happily shooting wit

The Vortex rimfire should be ideal.

Iv been looking at resetting the objective on my hawke, which way would I turn it to focus it to around 40m from 100m which it's set on now?

Thanks

Have a target of some sort to lok at - a brick wall is good, so you are looking DOWN it at an angle. The bricks become graph paper for you! Pace out the 40 yards you want and drop your hat or something next to the wall (hedge?) Then turn the objective until the hedge/wall is sharp at the range you want - or a tree / fence post at the desired range and just bring it into focus at the highest magnification. Higher the magnification, the more precise the focus. Then do the lock ring up. It will probably only need two turns or even less.

• Like 1

Iv been looking at resetting the objective on my hawke, which way would I turn it to focus it to around 40m from 100m which it's set on now?

Thanks

Have a target of some sort to lok at - a brick wall is good, so you are looking DOWN it at an angle. The bricks become graph paper for you! Pace out the 40 yards you want and drop your hat or something next to the wall (hedge?) Then turn the objective until the hedge/wall is sharp at the range you want - or a tree / fence post at the desired range and just bring it into focus at the highest magnification. Higher the magnification, the more precise the focus. Then do the lock ring up. It will probably only need two turns or even less.

Thank you, but turn it in or out?

Thanks

Thanks

I would guess turn it OUT to bring the target focus CLOSER - but you will soon know by looking throug it and turning SLOWLY. Be careful you do not turn it outwards too much or you will break the seal and lose the nitrogen. Two turns should be safe, then go easy and no more than 1/4 turn at a time.

Thanks

I would guess turn it OUT to bring the target focus CLOSER - but you will soon know by looking throug it and turning SLOWLY. Be careful you do not turn it outwards too much or you will break the seal and lose the nitrogen. Two turns should be safe, then go easy and no more than 1/4 turn at a time.

Okay it's just on my hawke nite eye te object goes out (turns right) to increase te distance, il give it ago this week and try not to f*ck it up

Thanks

Okay it's just on my hawke nite eye te object goes out (turns right) to increase te distance, il give it ago this week and try not to f*ck it up

So why did you ask? If turning out increases the focussed range, then you turn it the other way to reduce the focussed range....... :whistling: Are you confusing magnification with focussed range?

Edited by Acuspell

Thanks

So why did you ask? If turning out increases the focussed range, then you turn it the other way to reduce the focussed range....... :whistling: Are you confusing magnification with focussed range?

Wanted alittle reassurance because I f****d up a perfectly decent scope by going the wrong way. Rather ask for advise than ruin a scope. Some of us don't know it all yet.

Atb