• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

think you should change yer name from idiotsbeware to idiotbehere,lol

Rake having a clear out ?.

I got a wee jill from these breeders...   60.quid is a bargain for an animal with that breeding   The one on the right...    

It's a shame you banned him . . . . . I was fascinated by what he was trying to say. . . . . . . . . and had no fecking clue what it was :laugh:

He is correct in that you do get angora ferrets. . . . . an abomination created by the pet breeders, and I believe unable to suckle their own young?

You also do get 'E.U polecats'. . . . . although I swear before all of the marketing they were just wild polecats, from which our polecat ferrets (and the rest) were bred down.

Now i've seen a couple of wild poleys. . . .. and had one here for about a month. . . . and the first thing I have noticed is the size. . . . . they certainly are a lot bigger than my standard working ferrets, and built like tanks, very well muscled. When caught as adults . . . . . I cannot imagine them ever being tamed enough to be used and you might lose a few ferrets trying to mate one :laugh: If reared from a kit. . . . . i'm unsure of the advantage over a decent (and I mean good, rather than average) working ferret.

As for DNA tests. . . . . . I was under the impression that trying to distinguish wild poleys from many poley ferrets was somewhat difficult . . . .

I see wild poleys all the time while driving on the country roads round here, the thing that gets me is the sheer speed on them as the sprint across the roads from one bank to another. :yes:

I had two,very dark poleys(werent true wild poleys imo)the wee jill was a dream to handle undershot jaw (probally through intense breeding) the hob was a f*****g tank of a poley.head like a dug lol and a bite to go with it. skittish nervy agreesive c**t of a thing.beautifull looking animal the sheen on its coat was top condition.certainly not stock material. evewn though the jill was no bother.it could easily have gave you kits that were unhandable.

• Like 1