When To Start Ferreting

All depends on the cover i like to make a start in the horse fields about late august and try to move on to other permissions . for a few years i always took all of September off to make a good start on the ferreting but now its nearly November before i can get near burrows in some places others its after the turn of the year

some people hunt all year round if a farmers got a problem with crops ect, other than that i normally hunt between the mid to end of september to the end of march at the latest, other people have theyr own preferences,

Ferreting now is no fun at all mate. Killing young and constant digging.

We went early April (later than I would normally) and we literally spent hours digging to ferrets which had found young.

I will be starting September and finish end of February beginning March I reckon.

Would love to start September but there will be neck deep cover around here especially with the season growing wise seemingly running at least a month behind this year. Also so not having a dog it really would be a needle in a haystack job

best sticking to months with an r in it, but you can do a bit all year round if it takes your fancy but only problem is heavy cover and baby bunnys, you will be untangling nets all day and digging all day.

Guest norseman

there was young about in feb here, that's two months early if you go by the r's, wouldn't surprise me if they were breeding all year round soon. use it as a rough guide though and you'll know yourself when to start and stop. as in when the cover dies ect.

• Like 1