What Dogs

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't no about the rest of yous but i'm just happy to see mine work, but then i'm just a simple northern c**t

Who really gives a toss except the majority that are more interested in making a name for themselves than enjoying the gallop for what it should be about,testing a dog and enjoying the day regardless

and the all lived happy ever after THE END   THIS WAS BASED ON A TRUE STORY

Banter I dont read that as Gorger putting his dog on a pedestal at all. Many of us who had dogs killing hares weekly over here had the same dogs blown away on the fens as long ago as the mid 90's. If you haven't run there you can never know....it's as simple as that.

on the other hand we brought a supposed to be good dog from liverpool over here it didnt want to know ater the 1st run with a cut leg[bigger cut shaving]it got dropped of in dundalk camp with the travelling men.

speedie i hope you and LT bringing a dog when im over. and are going to come over to england for a run fairs fair ive stated i will put youse up and kennel your dogs. and you will be very well looked after. lets be men about this. i just want to test my dog over there and have a good bit of crack its not about proveing a point. come to game fair and we have a pint and talk more face to face no good all the snipeing on here pal. why carnt we all just get along and be friends :thumbs:

Totally agree with you k.c lets be men about this .If yea want to come over as I said il give yea the day out their be no messing bolio will tell you their be no messing with me .Sorry for mentioning you bolio but you the most honest man that's on here that I brought to ground and said what you seen .Like this lads I ran in England and in Ireland so I think I might have an idea of what it takes you never ran over here k.c so it would be an experience for you .At the end of the day im IRISH so I need a dog to run here if he runs in England that's a bonus what ever any other man wants is up to him.As for running mens dogs down no one on here had their dogs ran down as much as me the men that hunted with me that are on here had not much to say when they were in the field by the way its easy talk when its past .People talking the talk or walking the walk is great you never seen my dogs K.C only people telling yea stories so as I said if yea want to see them come ahead over don't know how L.T got brought into this but I never mentioned him .Yea have my number wel keep it of here till its over as I said no IRISH men bring yer mate from England and il bring my mate from Sligo and wel have the crack and see for yer self :thumbs:

• Like 2

brendy there probably many adog jacked in Ireland out of sight but you would not be wiser,thats the difference across the pond no hideing places lol

for me the above statement says it all, NO HIDING PLACE ON FENS, and there ain't, you might think you have a god dog until you get down there, it might even take a few trips down, but if there's any weakness it will show eventually, no one can pick every run and the hares some places down there are unreal, some places get that much stick off lads the hares are supernatural, Ive ran a fair few places around the uk Scotland etc however the blank days all come from fens other places there's always a kill or two to be had, to many like to use excuses about killing on smaller land, the obstacles etc giving the hares an advantage, well they only have an advantage if the dogs trailing them, if the dog is up its scut and putting on pressure the same obstacles work against the hare, Id wager a good few of us have had ones that bounce off a fence they thought they was gunna leave dog behind once they under, proper dog will use pressure to force mistake.

In a way its like stepping up from the amateurs and taking off the head guard and going in the ring for real, I cannot and at present do not want to go every week, but given the chance yeah I would course there week in week out, yeah you can enjoy coursing and yeah in my book theres more to coursing than simply the fens , but like any sport you can enjoy it as an amateur who takes it as serious as any professional, nowt wrong with that, but everything has a top end and in this game fens are it, too many in the know say the same, at the end of the day as long as you enjoy what you doing why give a shit what others think lol course your dogs to enjoy em not too impress others :victory:

Edited by arcticgun
  • Like 4

Banter I dont read that as Gorger putting his dog on a pedestal at all. Many of us who had dogs killing hares weekly over here had the same dogs blown away on the fens as long ago as the mid 90's. If you haven't run there you can never know....it's as simple as that.

your missing the point an its not about lucas. its that no one can say they have a good dog unless your running back an forward to england for 6 years..an that other bit wee been ok we had salukis early 80s

on the other hand we brought a supposed to be good dog from liverpool over here it didnt want to know ater the 1st run with a cut leg[bigger cut shaving]it got dropped of in dundalk camp with the travelling men.

So a bad experience with a single dog colours your palette for ever?

not nice to be droping off dogs

• Like 1

your missing the point an its not about lucas. its that no one can say they have a good dog unless your running back an forward to england for 6 years..an that other bit wee been ok we had salukis early 80s

I know Banter....I brought a saluki cross from Batley in 1977...the first saluki x I had any experience of in Ireland North or South in those days.

never hear the oul saying never look a gift horse in the mouth.

I know Banter....I brought a saluki cross from Batley in 1977...the first saluki x I had any experience of in Ireland North or South in those days.

lol we might of had the same dog

never hear the oul saying never look a gift horse in the mouth.

if the dog was no good was not much of a gift

• Like 2

speedie i hope you and LT bringing a dog when im over. and are going to come over to england for a run fairs fair ive stated i will put youse up and kennel your dogs. and you will be very well looked after. lets be men about this. i just want to test my dog over there and have a good bit of crack its not about proveing a point. come to game fair and we have a pint and talk more face to face no good all the snipeing on here pal. why carnt we all just get along and be friends :thumbs:

Totally agree with you k.c lets be men about this .If yea want to come over as I said il give yea the day out their be no messing bolio will tell you their be no messing with me .Sorry for mentioning you bolio but you the most honest man that's on here that I brought to ground and said what you seen .Like this lads I ran in England and in Ireland so I think I might have an idea of what it takes you never ran over here k.c so it would be an experience for you .At the end of the day im IRISH so I need a dog to run here if he runs in England that's a bonus what ever any other man wants is up to him.As for running mens dogs down no one on here had their dogs ran down as much as me the men that hunted with me that are on here had not much to say when they were in the field by the way its easy talk when its past .People talking the talk or walking the walk is great you never seen my dogs K.C only people telling yea stories so as I said if yea want to see them come ahead over don't know how L.T got brought into this but I never mentioned him .Yea have my number wel keep it of here till its over as I said no IRISH men bring yer mate from England and il bring my mate from Sligo and wel have the crack and see for yer self :thumbs:

is that me speedie lol

There was nothing special about this one Banter, he killed hares all right but with no special aplomb. I was running him around Belfast and craigavon on land that has long been surrendered to housing developements.

Edited by BOLIO1

There was nothing special about this one Banter, he killed hares all right but with no special aplomb. I was running him around Belfast and craigavon on land that has long been surrendered to housing developements.

any pics of him bolio