No Hot Water For 3 Weeks In Rented House

my mates got 3 kids and the combi boiler went down 3 weeks ago . so no hot water for dishes or baths its showers and boiling the kettle to use in the sink .

ive told him to hold back the rent money or tell them to jump for it for 3 weeks worth of rent.

any landlords or tenants who have had the same problem

what can he do about this.

Why don't he call a plumber?

should of said that wilf . plumber been round and said its fecked. . im not sure how it works but when he rented the house he was renting of the women who owned it. she wasn't paying the mortgage and the house was sold to some one else. he don't no who this is and whenever something goes wrong

it has to be passed to someone else. . . bloody strange .

Get it replaced and use the rent money to pay for it......you will soon find out who gets the money then.

The fact that the landlord has done nothing about it puts them in breech of contract so they can't touch your pal

Edited by WILF
  • Like 3

should of said that wilf . plumber been round and said its fecked. . im not sure how it works but when he rented the house he was renting of the women who owned it. she wasn't paying the mortgage and the house was sold to some one else. he don't no who this is and whenever something goes wrong

Who does he pay the rent to? If he dont know stop paying it, they will soon introduce thereselves.. then give them the bill in lieu of rent.

• Like 2

ive just messaged him and the money goes to a company called touchstone lenders . and that's who they complained to and then they have to get in contact with someone else to say the work can go ahead..

he should get it fixed out of rent money my daughter had same problem with repairs she got them fixed out of rent landlord is making enough money out of him

Who does he pay the rent to? If he dont know stop paying it, they will soon introduce thereselves.. then give them the bill in lieu of rent.

ive just messaged him and the money goes to a company called touchstone lenders . and that's who they complained to and then they have to get in contact with someone else to say the work can go ahead..

So the problem is they aren't getting in touch with them? Stop paying rent until it is sorted, I am not a lawyer but I think the law would be your mate's side and if they tried to boot him out they couldn't legally do it either. As far as I am aware there isn't a legal way you can remove someone forcibly from a rented house for not paying rent, which is odd :hmm: It sounds wrong but I swear that's what they said on a documentary I saw about squatters

This is another reason that the right to buy scheme wasn't thought out properly by not building additional housing from the profits to replace what was sold off in order to stop people getting a raw deal from greedy landlords !