Whats Happend To Our Sport

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There you go...another offensive reply from someone not bright enough to do better...tell you what Lamp it...you're what's happened to this sport!!!!! And hundreds like you...swarms of 'em...

Since the ban there seems to be a lot more undesirables who have entered into lamping Seems to be the fashion to have a bull x a 4x4 sniff a few lines then go and abuse the countryside

okmn

Did you bring your own soap box, or is there a stack of them somewhere?

i dont no what that means?? did u get that carp on your picture to suck you off beacause you have got a ginger beard?? i anserd your stupid question with a stupid question were even!!

There you go...another offensive reply from someone not bright enough to do better...tell you what Lamp it...you're what's happened to this sport!!!!! And hundreds like you...swarms of 'em... :thumbs:

+1

I don't mind when people have trouble with grammar or the odd spelling but the I'm so stupd I cnt [bANNED TEXT] gud now that's annoying

I cnt spel dos that make me less a dog man

No just shit at spelling :laugh::thumbs:

Does this mean no-one should ever give the sport a try? I've been into shooting for many years and I fancy getting a dog shortly. I intend to read up about them and ask questions before I make a decision, but I'm sure I won't be an "expert" by the time I get a dog.

im not saying that but to try the sport you dont need a dog! you need a tag along! this way if you dont like it or grow out of it thers no harm done but if you had of bought a pup and decided it wasnt for you then thers just another pup done wrong by. so if you have no idea of training a dog or buying a pup beacause toy would like to 'TRY' then my thoughts are no you shouldnt get a dog until no what your doing.

It's hard for some people to get a someone to take them out. What if you don't know anyone that hunts? I wouldn't take just anyone out with me, they could be on here as a member for a year and still be a wrong 'un or a LACS mole!! LOL!!

If they've got a dog you'll know that they're half genuine.

Let them get their dog and let them ask the questions and try and steer them right instead of slagging them off. When members start slatting people it always makes me wonder why. A lot of the time I think it's because they know f*ck all themselves and are trying to hide the fact. People that haven't grown up hunting will have lots of basic questions that need answering and they can get the answers and hopefully get the best out of their dogs if they can work out who knows what they're on about and who's a prick. There's a lot of pricks on here.

It was only after I had my first dog for a while that I got to go out with a few fellas locally. I didn't have the internet back then and the Shooting News (CMW) was only just starting out. I listened to liars at Detling show and liars in various pubs and had to learn to ignore them and only listen to the genuine people. I was lucky that my dog could do what I wanted and I didn't struggle with him. It was when I went out with other blokes that the liars were quickly exposed.

With your years of experience Luke, you should put your money where your mouth is (another saying that Bob made up!!) and take some of these newbies under your wing (yet again Bob) and let them tag along. In fact, the next post on here asking for advice about which dog to get you should seize the day (sorry, Bob again) and take that person out. Prove to us all that your idea works and that you're right, that'll put the cat amongst the pigeons. (Bloody Bob!!)

• Like 5

Lamp It Luke;

I agree with some of the things you say.

Some of the threads on here are totally pointless. Agreed.

Some of the people on here shouldn't be able to own dogs. Agreed.

There is more bitching going on than in a warehouse full of women. Agreed.

I'm 22 so 'Googling it' or looking on the internet is my way of looking through reference books and talking to old boys.

Like you, I grew up with hunters, shooters and fishermen all around me so I consider myself as fortunate because of this. Others aren't so fortunate and have to start somewhere. No one can deny that they have never had to ask someone more knowledgeable a stupid question once in order to learn something....? It is the same on here - the problem is that this is an open forum where, on the plus side, there are far more knowledgeable people than you could meet at any show or game fair but on the downside, your question (which some more knowledgeable people would think of as stupid), is posted for all to see.

I'm not sticking up for all the nutcases on this site by any means but don't tar everyone with the same brush. Everyone has to make a start and if I think that I can help anyone out with any info. then I'll do my best and at the same time, if I have a question that I need answering, this place is one of the first places I'll come to.

Take from here, the useful tips and good advice, take some peoples comments with a pinch of salt and accept that there are some wrong 'uns about - on here and in the real world and you won't be at too greater risk of a heart attack :thumbs:

ATB

Sam

• Like 5

I don't mind when people have trouble with grammar or the odd spelling but the I'm so stupd I cnt [bANNED TEXT] gud now that's annoying

I cnt spel dos that make me less a dog man

No just shit at spelling :laugh::thumbs:

Haha we all didnt get gift an edcation for no schoolin I though my spelin was prity gud :)

Am I the only one who can see the irony in someone rejoining the site, to start a topic saying how bad THL is and what bad topics there are and then insulting practically everyone who doesn't agree with him?

• Like 3