Hancock Knockers,

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was Talking to my old friend, Jimmy, 75 years young, He said he had to put his old bitch to sleep, she was 13+ she had lost power in her back-end, he was a bit down about the old bitch as she had

I've often thought of the peddler tag many attach to Hancock and I'm not sure it's entirely fair or accurate...Hancock's a commercial lurcher breeder and he's never made any secret of this...I have kn

I have bought of Hancock, and there again I have bought of Phil Lloyd. I saw no difference in the condition of each of the pups. Each pup had been well fed and looked after. The kennels at Hancocks pl

Puppy farmers don;t hip xray there stock before breeding them.He does

I didn't realise there was a puppy farmers handbook???

And that's bollocks anyway :laugh: I know of a local puppy farm that churns out over priced labradoodles etc. And they hip score their dogs.

I'm not knocking his dogs as such, seen come handy ones working.

But he has a farm, where he breeds pups for profit and always has then available, what ever way you look at it. . . . it's a puppy farm.

• Like 2

I have bought of Hancock, and there again I have bought of Phil Lloyd. I saw no difference in the condition of each of the pups. Each pup had been well fed and looked after. The kennels at Hancocks place were clean, infact I would say cleaner than the rest of the place. I did decline the kind offer of a cup of tea when paying for the pup.

While the pup from Phil was from a one off mating, All I knew about the pup was he was out of Speckle from another collie cross of pedigree unknown to me. With the Hancock pup I knew what I had parentage wise.

There is no way that someone could continue in business for 30 years if he was doing things wrong. The reason he has survived this long is because he can produce what he states at a reasonable cost. IMHO if you eat battery eggs or mass produced poultry, then you have no right to critisise Hancock, because even though he farms his pups they are kept in far better conditions.

Just my take on Hancock.

TC

• Like 12

well lads, THE past few years I have owned, the Saluki x reared them from a pup and educated them to the countryside, jumping and retrieving to hand were possible, the fields around were they run is 20to 30 acre fields, sometimes they test your patience to the limits, and other times, he does the job just right, Again back to the post, here is two dedicated

countrymen, a Retired timber contractor, and a Gamekeeper, the gamekeeper reconised, a genuine man, and he gifted him a well bred dog, yes he was bred by Hancock, the proof of the pudding the dog can do his job that he was purposely bred for catching rabbits, and Hares, and the dog in turn when tried, put in a good performance, to satisfy, his new master, Puppy farmer he may wellbe, ((( Hancock, that is, but the dogs are not as bad as some members on T,H,L, try to make out,

I have never owned a Hancock bred dog myself,

:hmm:Everyone is entitled to an opinion,...and that is the truth,....and same as most,..I have mine.....

However,..what I would say, is that the majority of lads and lassies who purchase these animals,..often seem to have a real loyalty, towards their chosen hybrid, and to the person, who sold it to them...

I am only a casual breeder of cur types,..choosing to produce a few pups for my own use,.as and when needed,.but I have always felt that the folk who travel all over the UK, to secure a new member of the pack,..and ocassionaly..accept whatever shortcomings or problems that they may encounter ,..would be just the kind of keen and caring people that I would be happy enough to award my own pups to.... :yes:

Just a thought,...nothing more...

Im slightly different,id be more interested in anything i breed finding a permanent and honest home,but,ive bred a type of lurcher over many generations to graft,catch and kill,id like the progeny to carry on and take advantage of the time and trouble ive put into the line.Hancock is only interested in the dollar and will never turn a wallet or purse away from his premises.Id hate my pups to enter a pet home,but a good pet home is far more desirable than a poor working one,Hancock or his daughter care little for where the dog ends up residing.

• Like 1

Not interested in what other breeders do,...that is their affair,..not mine...

However,..having spent a fair bit of time around the subject of this thread,..I would reiterate my original statement ,..that many of the customers I saw, purchasing young lurchers from that source,.would have been a good choice as future custodians of my own pups....

Many of them had travelled from afar, and were keen as mustard, and willing to listen as to how best, to treat their new purchases..

As an aside,...I do not give pups to anyone who I believe, would not do their best for them,...and that is a fact....

• Like 2

Im slightly different,id be more interested in anything i breed finding a permanent and honest home,but,ive bred a type of lurcher over many generations to graft,catch and kill,id like the progeny to carry on and take advantage of the time and trouble ive put into the line.Hancock is only interested in the dollar and will never turn a wallet or purse away from his premises.Id hate my pups to enter a pet home,but a good pet home is far more desirable than a poor working one,Hancock or his daughter care little for where the dog ends up residing.

While it's hard to argue against those sentiments. I have heard on here of Hancock telling people his dogs would not suit thier needs. And unless someone vets every customer (because that is what they are when somone puts a price tag on a dog) no one really knows what type of home their pup is going too.

TC

• Like 1

Not interested in what other breeders do,...that is their affair,..not mine...

However,..having spent a fair bit of time around the subject of this thread,..I would reiterate my original statement ,..that many of the customers I saw, purchasing young lurchers from that source,.would have been a good choice as future custodians of my own pups....

Many of them had travelled from afar, and were keen as mustard, and willing to listen as to how best, to treat their new purchases..

As an aside,...I do not give pups to anyone who I believe, would not do their best for them,...and that is a fact....

The facts are,me you and many others are more interested in the kennel our jukels end up in,regardless of dollar,Hancock and co. are only interested in dollar.When the price of a litter becomes more important than the real value of the breeding,then its wrong.Hancock takes advantage of a less educated audience and is only interested in parting them from their folding,after they leave his premises the bond ends and its on to the next gullible Collie/Cur enthusiast ringing the Hancock doorbell,with a fist full of wedge.

• Like 2

If Hancock stopped advertising his dogs in the countrymans weekly and whatever other magazines tomorrow and deleted his website then I GUARANTEE he would have folk still ringing and visiting wanting pups off him.

Offering him their harder earned cash in return for a pup.

Does that make him a peddler?

supermarkets sell more food than corner shops does that make them food pedlars or service providers :hmm:

Obviously youve never frequented a corner shop in Bradford,Hancock is the Pakistani version of Ken Morrison.

supermarkets sell more food than corner shops does that make them food pedlars or service providers :hmm:

Obviously youve never frequented a corner shop in Bradford,Hancock is the Pakistani version of Ken Morrison.

if im honest ive seen both good and bad from his stock but one thing i will say good or bad they have all been 100% what they were advertised as, something thats not to common these days