tumbler

Guest tumbler

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Calling them "tumblers" sounds better than telling the truth and calling them clumsy lurchers i suppose!!

Posted Images

this is my other dog

i also have a norfolk lurcher

TUMBLER YOUR FULL OF SHIT...LIAR!...YOU'R PROBABLY AN ANTI..& A BAD FAKE! THIS IS NOT YOUR DOG BUT A BEDLINGTONXGREYHOUND AND CAN BE FOUND IN THE GOOGLE IMAGE LIBRARY SEVERAL TIMES (type in lurcher in google and look under images page 3) - PROBABLY WHERE YOU GOT THE IMAGE ABOVE FROM IN THE FIRST PLACE. ALL YOUR MANIC TALK ABOUT DIFFERENT CROSSES - AND WHAT THEY EXCELL IN :wallbash: ...IT IS OBVIOUSLY ANTI-BAIT & AN EASELY SPOTTED FAKE!.....GO BACK TO YOUR LOONY-ANTI-PALS WERE YOU BELONG!

http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=lurche...art=40&sa=N

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h...l%3Den%26sa%3DN

...rant over

Cheers

Nice one :clapper: iI read his posts and thought what is this mug on about??

Eggy

a breed of dog in my eyes should have a standard

but these tumblers dont as they range from 19 to 27 in

this means theys that many breeds in them they dont come out

to a level litter

also the lad who bred with hawker lives in the next village

it had lamped 5 rabbits at 18mth old when first in pup

his words not mine at the pennine foxhound show

just a load of crap what they come out with to sell there dogs[money] :no:

dont get me wrong some do the job as i know someone from scotland

whos dog does work but this down to them giving it a chance :clapper:

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I met this character jeff at a show and after listening to his account of his '400 year old' bloodlines, I enquired how such a genetic pool could still be potent and, more importantly, producing level, sporting offspring after four centuries. His description of the 'tumblers' shoulder structure, apparently specially bred to cause the dog to tumble forward as it strikes its quarry, could not bear scrutiny or a visual comparison which one person offered and was ignored. He could not except any reasoning or be swayed from from his current inflated opinions of these 'tumblers'. He became very agitated and told us he was writing a book which 'would educate us all'. To each his own I suppose and he seemed quite harmless. In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is king.

my deerhound x has not only caught rabbits and foxs while tumbling along the ground but due to bad footing he once done a cartwheel and then caught the rabbit, beat that burrell, i now realise that i have the first and only strain of cartwheelers, that have been in my family for years ( 7 infact ), so now i will mass produce these hounds and sell them for mega bucks, anyone interested???

:clapper::clapper::clapper:

i dont come on for a while and the whole lurcher world has changed WTF is tumbler saying cos hes chatting loads off ball , i think he should go back to hybonation because he waint last long in this generation, and as for the f*****g springy Tumble , well i have a f*****g DODO single handed on mountain lion , get a grip you fuking NOB

• 6 months later...

Hi, just seen this whilst trying to get more info on my bitches parents on google (Hawker and Zeph. Know this thread has been dead for a while but will take any info I can get on the subject!

I've got photocopied parentage papers that go quite far back with dogs names and the interbred greyhounds, whippets, welsh hillman collies, irish red terrier, etc etc highlighted. Most of them are what I can only guess to be Lurchers as the breed isn't named, just the dogs name and the height.

I've been told my bitch is a Norfolk Lurcher - is this an actual type of lurcher or is it all the same? She's a year and my first lurcher so excuse the lacked knowlege on the subject - haven't had her long. I have greyhounds but she gives them a run for their money, she brings down rabbits like no tomorrow and has been fantastically easy to train. She's one smart button!

Looking on Google I'm thinking she's from this Jeff Burrell bloke? Are the lurchers he breeds called "Smithfield Lurchers" or are my wires complete crossed?

12966_170590160282_508210282_3382658_4505727_n.jpg

I WILL TELL YOU WHAT TO DO. CONTACT JEFF BURRELL, HE USED TO SEND U A PRINTOUT DESRIBING WHAT A TUMBLER WAS. HOWEVER THE LITTER VARIATION IN COLOUR / COAT / SIZE etc(OR ANY COMBINATION OF THE ABOVE IT SAID) SHOWED IT WAS BY NO MEANS A DEFINITE TYPE. TAKING ITS PREY BY TUMBLING OVER??HOW LONG WOULD THAT LAST ON A PLOUGH/ WOOD OR TREE PLANTATION & HOW EDIBLE WOULD ITS CATCH BE,AS IT WOULD NEED A GRIP LIKE A VICE 2 HOLD ON 2 IT??? HOWEVER ANY DOGMAN WHO CLAIMS HIS BREEDING OR TYPE EXCELLS AT ANYTHING? WELL THATS PLAIN NUTS! AN OLD FRIEND OF MINE WHO BRED DEERHOUND CROSSES TOLD ME HE GAVE A GUARANTEE WITH EVERY PUP HE SELLS.... "If you dont take it out it will pish the carpet"

Edited by Endgame
I met Jeff Burrell at a couple of shows where he attempted to explain to me the breeding of his lurchers; the history of which goes back over 400 years........or is it 200? :hmm: However lack of time :blink: meant that I didn't get to learn ALL :icon_eek: about his dogs as he would have wished: I had to get home to see to the livestock, but I did gather that, in Jeff's own words: (more or less) that a ..

snap mate,my bullx will often strike and flip or "tumble" over and come up with the bunny,not always but quite often!!!

"tumbler is different from a lurcher in that it tumbles as it strikes its prey, rolling over and over. There can be tumblers and lurchers in the same litter as the difference is in the build of the dog: one taking its prey on a run and snaffling it up whilst galloping, the tumbler, by virtue of its shoulder construction throwing itsefl at the prey and doing several rolls, or tumbles before coming up with rabbit in mouth."

Hope that explains the meaning of the tumbler :D:whistling::hmm:

Mmmm: that surely means that my old Deerhound Grey was a tumbler too as she somersaulted when taking smaller prey: often the only way she could reach down to it. :tongue2:

All my bull crosses are tumblers too!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clapper::whistling::whistling:

snap mate,my bullx will often strike and flip or "tumble" over and come up with the bunny,not always but quite often!!!

Basically i wouldn't believe anything from anyone who says they breed dogs that excel at everything!!!

Just enjoy your dog......Start asking idiots how its bred and they will bamboozle you with so much contradicting theories you will end up crackers yourself!! :clapper:

I went to jeff burrels house to look at some pups,about 25yrs ago, all he had were a few mongrels with a touch of whippet in them, the biggest was no more than 16"tts. He tried to tell me they were tumblers.I spent 2 hrs listening to all sorts of bollocks, when he found out I was romany he even reckoned he was a traveler and was just camping out in the house. :crazy: needless to say I left them where they were.

Edited by romany52