Air Arms S410 Fac .22

I've recently purchased the above gun it's running at 31 ftlb I'm running air arms fields .22 through it I've zerod it in at 70 meters but I'm struggling to get a tight grouping .

Now I have a Air Arms s410 in .177 running at 11 ftlb I have this zerod at 50 meters And I get a really tight group .

I'm just trying to find out what other that have this gun are running through there's .

Isnt 70m is a little far for an air rifle zero? even if it is 31ftlbs - most 22 rimfires are only zerod at 50m and they put out 100 ft lbs +

Obviously you can zero at whatever distance you like but as already said try bringing the zero in and trying some heavier pellets :thumbs:

ATB

Adam

• Like 1

Zero distance is down to requirements/situation, tools/equipment and the shooter.

As others have said, a 31ft lb air rifle will seldom be the tool to use on a regular basis at 70 yards.

My FAC Air runs at about 26ft lb and my pellet of Choice is AA field 5.51, works a treat for me, but certainly at 30ft lb +++ the Bisley Magnum is seriously worth considering.

After that it is .22lr with 45ft lb Quiets, or subs around 100ft lb. :thumbs:

AirArms do a heavy version of the field pellet I know somebody with a AA S410 running at 32ft Ib using these pellets and getting a very tight group at 70 yards, but every barrel is different so you will have to persevere with it.

I had the same problem a couple of years ago, found the pellet group would raise the more shots I took. I sent it back for testing but they simply put it on the Chrono and put ten shots through it, bloody waste of time.

Tried all the different pellet variants with no luck, sorry to say I got rid in the end and bought a .22lr. I've not had to zero in 6 months.

Whats the point with FAC Air lads ? :hmm:

I've both Sub 12ft Air and .22 Rim so to me it seems like a complete waste but maybe I'm missing something.

Perhaps it's personal reasons, or a specific task? Permission land maybe limited to fac air due to .22lr ricochet?? Or maybe, as i used to say to an annoying person at work, "because i can"! :laugh:

Whats the point with FAC Air lads ? :hmm:

I've both Sub 12ft Air and .22 Rim so to me it seems like a complete waste but maybe I'm missing something.

You need to look at this as a much bigger picture.... why do fly rods exist if YOU only ever go Sea fishing, why do Indian takeaways flourish when YOU can't stand them and only do Chinese, etc.,.

Lots of people have a specific need/use for a FAC air, after all, if you don't you will not be granted one!

Also remember this is not all about recreational shooting, to some people a decent selection of rifles is simply a tool box! :thumbs: