Pellet Lubing,can It Really Make Such A Differance?

heres mine at 35 yds on Tuesday

these are .177 aiming for the top right pellet.

20130604_123220_zps9d1918ce.jpg

its not the best group ive ever shot mind.

did you know different pellets will be more accurate through your rifle, finding the best pellet helps loads.. then wash and lube them then that helps too.

also what rifle are you using? looks like your groups could use some work, no offence mate but you don't want to be wounding rabbits you need to guarantee a clean kill, they deserve that at least don't they.?

Edited by Skot Ruthless Teale

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd say this was pretty poor for the range they were shot from. From what I gather here, the one hit in the blue disc was by default? Not good. If it was my group I'd need a serious review of what I'm

It can't hurt to give 'em a wash and going in dry without a little lube's never a good idea

Hi Giro.   The whole purpose of washing pellets is to get rid of the swarfe metal shavings that gets left behind in manufacture more often these days Giro. Lubing counts for nothing if your ammo i

Posted Images

did you know different pellets will be more accurate through your rifle, finding the best pellet helps loads.. then wash and lube them then that helps too.

also what rifle are you using? looks like your groups could use some work, no offence mate but you don't want to be wounding rabbits you need to guarantee a clean kill, they deserve that at least don't they.?

or take it to a shop and ask them to tune it to the pellet. easier with a pcp of course.

No offence taken fella.. :icon_redface:

Not had a air riffle for a couple of years, just getting back into it.. Its a BSA lighting - accupel domed pellets. I will try and get it zeroed a bit better and will give it a crack with washed lubed pellets..

I have just got it till I get my ticket..

I am going get to a club and least they have decent ranges etc and friendly advice on hand :victory:

I came back to air rifles last year after a 3-4 year break and got a bsa lightning xl .177

what a bag of sh1te that was!!, nothing compared to my old bsa supersports that I had when I was a teen..

thinking about it, I was still a pretty good shot near enough straight away and my grouping looked similar to yours..

then I bought the hw97 and my group size halfed instantly :yes:

theres only so much you can do with a sh1t gun mate.. il put money on if you had a better gun you would get better results straight away.

save up a bit of cash and part ex your lightning for a HW or AA

the hw99s is small and light like a lightning and only cost about 210-220 brand new,

or a hw95 for about 300

:victory:

if you like hearing use the best ear muffs you can buy with shotties and stuff, your hearing 'regenerates' every so often so it apears theres no harm, then age comes about and all the bits that were blown away are now audably noticeable, or the lack of hearing apears almost overnight to 'deaf's ville'...

i've lost count of the folks i've heard say 'i'd give anything to hear my grandkids..if only i'd listed'.

• Like 2

Yeah I deffo will fella, I dont want to go deaf that for sure :victory:

I like them BSA's, mind its all i have fired in a long time lol.. I had a nice W 95 back in the day.

might have a look at a 99 but will try my zeroing skills and bit of washing and lubing :thumbs:

• Like 1

I'd say this was pretty poor for the range they were shot from. From what I gather here, the one hit in the blue disc was by default? Not good. If it was my group I'd need a serious review of what I'm shooting with. You should have your ammo grouped sweet inside the blue disc before you can reasonably take it out to the hunting field.

• Like 4

I will have another crack at zeroing it in..

I aint had it out of the garden yet :thumbs:

Working next few days but will have a better group by next week or will have to stick to the dogs :laugh:

I read a article and washed a load of pellets in fairy liquid and dried them checked for damage on the skirts but just fired them and never did it again but what surprised me was the amount of crap on the kitchen roll from doing it

hi Giro

i would change your zero to 25 yards,and see if your groups close in better.and then stay at that range till they do :thumbs:

once you have them all in the blue disc,move out another 5 yards,and start again till your groups are smaller.then move out to 35 yards :thumbs:

• Like 2

Washed the remaining tin of AA fields 4.51 and rinsed them,took more notice of the water and was quiet supprised by my results,the water turned grey,i sieved out the pellets and the debris was evident in the bowl,sorted the bad pellets(damaged skirts) and lightly lubed the good ones

Its well worth doing as its free to do,i noticed my groupings opening up and i was getting daft flyers and generally the rifle felt poor to use,not now though is brilliant

regards nick