Pellet Lubing,can It Really Make Such A Differance?

Hi Giro.

The whole purpose of washing pellets is to get rid of the swarfe metal shavings that gets left behind in manufacture more often these days Giro. Lubing counts for nothing if your ammo is full of bits!

• Like 3

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd say this was pretty poor for the range they were shot from. From what I gather here, the one hit in the blue disc was by default? Not good. If it was my group I'd need a serious review of what I'm

It can't hurt to give 'em a wash and going in dry without a little lube's never a good idea

Hi Giro.   The whole purpose of washing pellets is to get rid of the swarfe metal shavings that gets left behind in manufacture more often these days Giro. Lubing counts for nothing if your ammo i

Posted Images

I might give it a bash and see how I fare..

What best wat to wash and dry pellets ??

I thought the decent pellets where highly polished like acupel compared to ely wasps ??

1.Bowl of warm water, Fairy Liquid, foamy froth, tip whole tin in, swirl gently for a good few minutes and pour out through a sieve.

2. Rinse in clean water under tap.

3. Repeat parts 1 & 2 till your ammo is absolutely clean.

You'll see the swarf and dirt in the bottom of the bowl! 'Wouldn't want that muck gunged up with lube-up gunk down your barrel, eh laddie! :thumbs:

• Like 1

theres some sonic cleeners for teeth on the bay, i got one and its nothing more than a vibro under a bowl of water lol...but i think there is actualy sonic as in sonar bleeping cleaners that are suposed to be good if you can find them.

the ladies vibro version i got was cronic.....

back on subject, some barrels/pellets like/need a clean barrel others a bedded in barrel, and you'll luv this bit, you have to try it and see for yourself, pritty much like everything else in shooting. tis nice to have another option to try out like.

i've done it in the past, lubed and cleaned in various fasions, on one pellet wow yes it does, on another hmmmm no diference, on one it made it wordse, but it wasnt that clear as the pellets were iffy in that barrel any way..(and the pellets i'm on at the mo i use a pellet counting box, check the skirts and thats about it for out to 80 yard..i like them :laugh:

theres three parts,

weigh it

wash n lube it

but i beleive the ultimate is fork out on a pellet sizer, but..you need to get the right one for the pellet and barrel.(takes time and money).

weighing tightens the group down range for sure.

edit in..may as well mension the unknown and mysterious, i was told 'you look at the pellet, feel it, then shoot it', this at the begining of shooting, teach's you to subcontously note each pellet later on in years as an 'auto' dont know you do it...yet another in begining thing to bare in mind.

when it comes to mags and 10 shots etc, if you want 'ultimate' things to illiminate the mags 'bays' all do summut different lol.....shouldnt be noticable utill its the extreme end of the stick..some worse that others.

Edited by ghillies

I will try that..

I have been plicking on and off for years and have never done this.. Infact my riffles have been neglected really.

I normally just wipe riffles down with a oiled cloth the odd time.. I have never striped and clean them let alone the ammo..

I am waiting to get ticket for 2.2. I am going to join a gun club and learn all this extra stuff :icon_redface:

I will try that..

I have been plicking on and off for years and have never done this.. Infact my riffles have been neglected really.

I normally just wipe riffles down with a oiled cloth the odd time.. I have never striped and clean them let alone the ammo..

I am waiting to get ticket for 2.2. I am going to join a gun club and learn all this extra stuff :icon_redface:

if your just having fun plinking it doesn't matter about anything. just put a pellet in and shoot. :D

but if you want to shoot accurately out to further ranges you need to know your getting the best accuracy potential from your kit...

finding the most accurate and consistent washed and lubed pellet at the right power level and right weight. etc. is a time consuming and expensive process ..

. but that's for the properly OCD type people, or competition shooters lol

• Like 1

Ahhh so I am fine for short range bunny bashing 30/40 yards ??

I will try washing them to see if I rate any better on the targets...

most of the newer guns are capable to 50 with quolity pellets out the tin..usable like but not always the pellet on pellet stuff, which, sort of opens up on the next leval up of shooting.

Ahhh so I am fine for short range bunny bashing 30/40 yards ??

I will try washing them to see if I rate any better on the targets...

if your a good shot on paper and can hit 2p sized groups everytime on paper at 40 yards with pellets straight from the tin then aye why not.

you will get better groups and especially less fliers with washed and lubed pellets tho.

I shot a crow a couple months ago at 66 yards in the head with jsb exacts straight from the tin from an unturned springer aswell. im sure theres people that wont believe that but why would I lie?

• Like 2

Yeah groups are more fifty pence compared to five lol...

But they are tight just slightly off center but good enough for me lol..

I sometimes get a stray round but put that down to poor concentration or rushing.

Yeah groups are more fifty pence compared to five lol...

But they are tight just slightly off center but good enough for me lol..

I sometimes get a stray round but put that down to poor concentration or rushing.

more likely they are flyers..they look diferent if you can see them.

• Like 1