Bull Whippet

dont waist your time,, theres no way a genuine bull/whippet 1/2 or 3/4 bred is catching and killing foxes single handed regular!! there just not physicaly built for regular fox work!!

quite suprised at this statement as there are plenty of 14" terriers that do it regularly.....the bull whippets ive seen look pretty handy but to be honest ive never seen one run..is there anyone out there with one who can shed light on their pre ban performances ??

I bet not many of them terriers would kill foxes regularly on top of the gound.Especially if they were already blowing like a small lurcher would be from a decent run.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

dont waist your time,, theres no way a genuine bull/whippet 1/2 or 3/4 bred is catching and killing foxes single handed regular!! there just not physicaly built for regular fox work!!

Feck me, you lads can blather on. All dogs have their limitations, whatever their breeding. So long as your satisfied with yours, just crack on! I think some folk should spend more time out with the

heres a couple of pics of my bull/grey x collie/whip/grey 22tts and 52lb, not the fastest thing on four legs but has the heart of a lion and prey drive to match, has her limitations but keeps me happy

Posted Images

just ordered my dog pup after a long search for the right breed and prob agree from what ive read/been told a dash of grey in the mix can only help for the quarry you have mentioned. the pup im getting is whip x grey to a bull x grey should make 24-25 tts. hopefully run rabbits big and small and have a good go on other things..

Edited by 25inch-tts

quite suprised at this statement as there are plenty of 14" terriers that do it regularly.....the bull whippets ive seen look pretty handy but to be honest ive never seen one run..is there anyone out there with one who can shed light on their pre ban performances ??

I bet not many of them terriers would kill foxes regularly on top of the gound.Especially if they were already blowing like a small lurcher would be from a decent run.

i see your point elis, forgive my naiveness when i read the first few replys i interpreted it wrong and thaught they were saying that the bull whippet wasnt physically capable of killing foxes regular... i was thinking of around a hole and not running them in large fields...

My 6 month bull whippet has had a fox. Didn't run it but it smashed it to pieces! Collie grey pushed it from cover lol

That'll be in full cry like a foxhound by the time it's a year old! It may be advisable to hold that pup back a bit or it will open up when running.

I got a half x bull grey if I was to breed her it would be towards whippetxgrey she does well on most stuff day and night but could do with a bit of early pace

I've got one of that exact breeding and a half x there's not much in it over distance but the splash of whip does help imo

Been thinking about it for a while now shes 6 years old shes done a fair bit of graft couple boys asked about a pup from her only thing is dont need a pup myself so most proberly wont bother just let her get old in the feild and be treated like a hero when shes retires infront the fire

• Like 1

Been thinking about it for a while now shes 6 years old shes done a fair bit of graft couple boys asked about a pup from her only thing is dont need a pup myself so most proberly wont bother just let her get old in the feild and be treated like a hero when shes retires infront the fire

• Like 1

just let her get old in the feild and be treated like a hero when shes retires infront the fire

As it should be ;)
and shes house trained lol Edited by Wales1234