Bull Whippet

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

dont waist your time,, theres no way a genuine bull/whippet 1/2 or 3/4 bred is catching and killing foxes single handed regular!! there just not physicaly built for regular fox work!!

Feck me, you lads can blather on. All dogs have their limitations, whatever their breeding. So long as your satisfied with yours, just crack on! I think some folk should spend more time out with the

heres a couple of pics of my bull/grey x collie/whip/grey 22tts and 52lb, not the fastest thing on four legs but has the heart of a lion and prey drive to match, has her limitations but keeps me happy

Posted Images

My friend has one, nice little dog does well on the rabbits good fun watching it run a few hares like. Gets foxes doubled up. If just got myself a 3/4 bred dog from wales 4 month now and is a good little character, yeah there cant do what a bull greyhound can but so what, good fun little poaching dogs

Edited by Chris Parsons
  • Like 1

dont waist your time,, theres no way a genuine bull/whippet 1/2 or 3/4 bred is catching and killing foxes single handed regular!! there just not physicaly built for regular fox work!!

quite suprised at this statement as there are plenty of 14" terriers that do it regularly.....the bull whippets ive seen look pretty handy but to be honest ive never seen one run..is there anyone out there with one who can shed light on their pre ban performances ????

Something half apbt cannot kill a fox?

Really?

Got to catch it first!

Also true. But I don't think in this case it was the catching that was in question :thumbs:

Fair point. When it comes to getting up close and personal with a pest species, they are more than capable ;0)

But when it comes to a good old course of a critter, I find mine to have it's limitations, but as a vermin dog around the farm, he more than earns his corn

quite suprised at this statement as there are plenty of 14" terriers that do it regularly.....the bull whippets ive seen look pretty handy but to be honest ive never seen one run..is there anyone out there with one who can shed light on their pre ban performances ????

and im quite suprised at your statement,, comparing terrier work with lurcher work!!

• Like 1

I,v ran bull/whippets for a lot of years ,and they suit me and what I do down to the ground , but it depends on what your expectations are as to wether they would suit you . They are o.k at a lot of stuff ,full of try , plenty of character and a pleasure to own , but ...if o.k isn,t enough for you there are lots of more efficient x,s