Come On Lads Help Us Out (Young Lad Trying To Get A Lurcher In)

right guys am desperate for a lurcher tried confincing my self i want a terrier but i dont i want a running dog nothing else !

problem 1 : PARENTS mum and dad arent having any of it but im sure they will come around after a while.

poblem 2 : Little sisters got a lhasalapso hes a funny little dog uselless exspensive dog but were stuck with him although he can here a pin drop and went mad when someone was messing with my ferrets ( dont really want a lucher eating him anyone in the same boat on the lines of family dogs and working dogs ? )

Problem 3 : i dont no wether i want the dog inside or outside if i have to keep it out side it will have to look half decent so if anyone has any decent ideas for kennels i would appriciate it !

this is my first running dog so i will be gratefull of any advice i have my heart set on a saluki greyhound something on them lines dont want anything with bull in no offence friends have them and there just not my cup of tea ,

thanks for reading guys hope to get some good advice

cheers :D

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not that important, I went 15 + years with out having any where I was aloud to work it! A technicallity that. Don't let that stop you. You need experience to gain permission/ keep it and to get exper

do what i use to do just go get the dog bring it home and when your mum sees it just say ah mam look at how small and nice it is they soon fall for them and bobs ur uncle i got away with this till i m

I was in your position nearly 30 years ago. they gave in eventually. bought a shed and built a run and flagged it.made a raised bed inside and wired it that is my job electrician. if i kept a dog on o

Have you thought about a allotment mate? I used keep my dogs on a allotment when I lived with my mum and dad providing your local to them and you get them out a lot they will be fine on a allotment. Allso know a few lads that keep dogs on allotments just because they dog want dogs at there house because of them getting nicked etc etc atb

do what i use to do just go get the dog bring it home and when your mum sees it just say ah mam look at how small and nice it is they soon fall for them and bobs ur uncle i got away with this till i moved out lol im 23 now lol whippet type but then its what u want to do with it i have 1 here here whippet bull croos absolute everyting i say and she s agood al rounder and small

• Like 4

Have you thought about a allotment mate? I used keep my dogs on a allotment when I lived with my mum and dad providing your local to them and you get them out a lot they will be fine on a allotment. Allso know a few lads that keep dogs on allotments just because they dog want dogs at there house because of them getting nicked etc etc atb

yes mate been looking for them there like rocking horse s**t near me mate and any empty ones are empty for a reaon (dog getting stolen ect.. )

you need to convince your parents first,a saluki greyhound wont be small, beddy whippet ideal first dog,depends on what your going to be running

im looking at bedligton whippets now i will be after rabbits on the lamp and something i can take ferreting

I was in your position nearly 30 years ago. they gave in eventually. bought a shed and built a run and flagged it.made a raised bed inside and wired it that is my job electrician. if i kept a dog on our allotments it would be gone within the week. good luck. :thumbs:

• Like 3

I remember my mum not letting me have a dog when I was young.. What I did was I went out got one and told her I found it in a local park piss wet throw shivering under a bush, she couldn't say no to that lol