Most Hares Caught In One Day With One Dog, Pre Ban

IMG_7000_zps76b7fa65.jpg

IMG_5382-1.jpg

THIS HIS THE PIC OF THE DAY WITH ERN theres 15 0n the pic, 2 was from 2 days before on some diffrent ground,,,, they was [all] shot but they was flushed.. the ground were i did go was[ very green], them typ of hares what just turn and turn,,, NOT THESE ONE,S that go in big stait line,s,,there the hard one,s...he,s not cut out for them,,,i was out from 8,45,in the morn,,and his last flush,, was about 5 oclock,,, this was not a planned day what so ever,, i will not go into it to much,, i at to get ern to a ramdon house,were i knocked the door and asked them for a drink and choc bis, for him, he add took himself, over the fine line a little,,,moments after, he was fine,, like i said the ground was green to gun,s but we still had shoot them,,, I CAN NOT BE MORE HONEST THAN THAT,,,, JIM

Edited by tjones3862
  • Like 11

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

THIS HIS THE PIC OF THE DAY WITH ERN theres 15 0n the pic, 2 was from 2 days before on some diffrent ground,,,, they was [all] shot but they was flushed.. the ground were i did go was[ very green], th

Folks moaning about hares being shot and not being run by dogs, one of my permissions has been coursed and the fields driven on and because the "coursers" were so friendly when asked to leave by a las

Posted Images

right who owes me some money :D

dog worked his socks of for sure there jim :thumbs:

just to answer the original question,, the best i have witnesed is 5 from 5,,, i have had a few dogs do 3 from 3 on a number of ocastions..

i have also had two dogs catch 3 each on the same day,, visa cought 3 from 3 ,, and nancy cought 3 from 5 that day,, al ran single handed ,, between christmas and new year . also had 4 hares in less than 1 hour with 2 dogs visa catching 3 from 3 and sally catching 1 from2,,, that was a b*****d of a walk back to the motor :D ever tried getting 4 hares inside the lining of a barbour :angel:

all the above on big open land,,

Edited by TOMO
  • Like 2

HORSE,S FOR COURSES, TOMO,, ERN WUD NOT BE OWT SPEAICAL ON BIG GROUND,,UN LIKE GAFFA, IS COUSIN, THAT DOG CAN KILL HARE ANY WERE ,, ITS BIN WITNESED, A LAD RAN NEXT TO HIM, WITH 7 GRAND DOG,,,WELL IFF THAT WAS WORTH THAT SO WAS GAFFA,,,

Ve had couple 5,s with lucas but his best was slipped him 5 times kilt 6 2 of last slip. Kilt 5\5 with him last december. Seen his sister tiny kill 6 one day when Bp from newark had her.

seen shamrock do 5 on astma fen [BANNED TEXT] we did the comp

Ve had couple 5,s with lucas but his best was slipped him 5 times kilt 6 2 of last slip. Kilt 5\5 with him last december. Seen his sister tiny kill 6 one day when Bp from newark had her.

seen shamrock do 5 on astma fen [bANNED TEXT] we did the comp

when we did the comp

did 5 out of 8 runs once but have seen 8 caught single handed and following week litter sister to this dog caught 9 all single handed and all given fair starts ,all dogs and hares mentioned were caught in front of a load of people to verify it .some are members on here this was on the fens in jan and early feb a year before the ban came in .

100 % true

Indeed it is. :thumbs:

• Like 1

good hares proper fen dead of winter no matter how good the dog is they dont get killed under 3mins. i can go and know places where 5 and 6s can be done but i like to test my dogs :thumbs:

I've see quite a few killed in under 3 minutes on the fens in the winter, and given good slips too.

• Like 2

good hares proper fen dead of winter no matter how good the dog is they dont get killed under 3mins. i can go and know places where 5 and 6s can be done but i like to test my dogs :thumbs:

ive seen alot of good dogs kill top hares under 3 mins mate