Our Way Of Life Is A Dirty Little Secret Getting...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm gonna have a rant here and feel free to join in or disagree.... When I started out hunting, I was proud to be associated as a hunter, still am. But it's getting increasingly like a dirty little se

My friends think I lost the plot when I got the hunting bug, especially as I am a townie and always have been. The worst thing is I work in an office for a government agency (don't hate me, it pays we

I couldnt give a shit what folk think of me tbh .ive more to annoy me!

Posted Images

When i was in bulgria ,there was a stall where they dressed you up in old uniforms,and took your pic in black in white.but there was no way i was putting on a f***ing red uniform.never had any wehrmacht or ss uniforms,suprising considering they were allies to germany.

I live in industrial lancashire, we are on the edge of some nice countryside and the pennines but just as close to some of the biggest urban areas in the uk, the countryside and rural pubs are also full to the brim with townies......yet while I reconise some of what you say I also think we dont do too bad. Local pubs and markets/butchers sell game like never before, on a days shooting or following hounds we may see hundreds of walkers, school groups and townies but id say 99 out of a hundred are fine and show interest, only the tiny minority have a problem. I make sure everyone I come into contact with knows I hunt, I have hunting stickers in my car and its never been damaged. I can proberly count on one hand the people in my area/social circle/pubs I visit who are really anti or have any issues with what I do, and I can easily show them right up in any discussion.

15 years ago I couldnt give game away, even if oven prepared, now people will ask me for it even in feather, because of all the cooking/hugh witenstall type programs.

Personally I think we are in a better position now than 15 years ago. We have the perfect stage to push game foods given the meat scares. We have changed peoples views on hunting with hounds, the average person now knows hunting is more than just snobs on horses and arnt really arsed anymore. Compared to public opionon/knowledge 15 to 20 years ago we have done loads.

But it is still in the hands of all who hunt, write to all your local newspapers at least once a year on any fieldsport/rural issue. Push local game on everyone you know, take local kids out fishing or set up an air rifle range in your garden. Put hunting stickers in your car, wear field sports t-shirts promting hunting, mention to everyone you meet that you hunt.

Personally I don't think the publics perception of hunting with hounds has improved.....support for hunts is up,but I think many of these are people who were fence sitters before and now realise their support is essential,as for the snobs on horses brigade,i spent years trying to educate/argue about thisthen lo and behold I was sat watching TV one night with my teenage daughters "Ladette to Lady" :blink: was on ,the premise of the show being teaching "rough"young women into ladies.The one episode I had the misfortune to sit through showed a visit from the MFH of whichever pack.......Ive never been a fence sitter and will continue in that vein.....he was the most odius,repugnent,chauvenistic lowlife I have ever seen ,not because he was posh/rich,he was a thoroughly despicable in every way,Icould quite cheerfully chew the blokes face off,if a staunch pro hunter like myself can be so revilled by this cretin to such an extent how would this go down with any antis viewing it,sometimes we just don't help ourselves the likes of this piece of shit should be kept well away from any media coveridge .........rant over :censored::angel: ,

To quote George Orwell " when speaking the truth in times of universal deceit will become a revolutionary act " . Your right mate from filling in forms for a job , when it asks what do you do in your leisure time ? I wonder how many would put digging or lamping lol .

when I ever filled out application forms and it asked for hobbies n intrests not for 1 second did hesitate to put hunting down its something I love to do with fishing weight training and martial arts. fcuk them if they don't employ me for hunting its theyre loss. NEVER BE ASHAMED OF WHO YOU ARE OR WHAT YOU DO OR WHERE YOU COME FROM. obviously that does no apply to peados, rapists, house breakers etc etc. its mostly the governments fault for letting the antis brainwash, lie and incriminate innocent men women n kids without being pulled in and corrected. its like a no go area for governments to openly support hunting in fear of reprisals, then theyre untrue to themselves and not worth listening too. I hope ukip get into power and carry out theyre promises and do not fall for the back hand payment bribes the others did.

• Like 1

I just shut up now and only bother with chats with those who I know hunt too. I've had enough of trying to hold a reasonable argument and people "assuming" all I want to do it take an automatic weapon to the entire British Countryside.

I hunt as it fulfils a primal urge I can't ignore, I only eat what I hunt. I try to use whatever I can as I'm interested in hide curing, bone jewelry, so nothing really bar the guts gets wasted. I have a LOT more respect for the countryside than some of the people who argue with me. Tell me Im disgusting then leave all their rubbish in a bush after their "countryside enjoyment" picnic. Which half the time I PICK UP!

Trying to explain that you need to manage certain numbers for the sake of other animals just provokes too much work too..

Nah 'm a shutup and smile, then do what I want girl. Shame really really, but then I barely knew the days when it was accepted. So I'm used to it.

Good post. I wish I knew you were a woman when you pm'd me yesterday :laugh: only kidden :D

baw your thls version of jimmy saville your onto every female on here lolol , I rekon your nxt in operation yew tree to be arrested :D

• Like 1

I just shut up now and only bother with chats with those who I know hunt too. I've had enough of trying to hold a reasonable argument and people "assuming" all I want to do it take an automatic weapon to the entire British Countryside.

I hunt as it fulfils a primal urge I can't ignore, I only eat what I hunt. I try to use whatever I can as I'm interested in hide curing, bone jewelry, so nothing really bar the guts gets wasted. I have a LOT more respect for the countryside than some of the people who argue with me. Tell me Im disgusting then leave all their rubbish in a bush after their "countryside enjoyment" picnic. Which half the time I PICK UP!

Trying to explain that you need to manage certain numbers for the sake of other animals just provokes too much work too..

Nah 'm a shutup and smile, then do what I want girl. Shame really really, but then I barely knew the days when it was accepted. So I'm used to it.

Good post. I wish I knew you were a woman when you pm'd me yesterday :laugh: only kidden :D

baw your thls version of jimmy saville your onto every female on here lolol , I rekon your nxt in operation yew tree to be arrested :D

:laugh: bad day when you can't have a laff with the opposite sex without getting branded a pedo. You do know we still can in this country talk to females right? I'm a bit more worried about you. It appears you can't tell the difference between a woman and a child :laugh:

• Like 2

Given some of the absolute muppets and general scum bags that proclaim to be hunters, it's no wonder that so many of us get bad reactions from the general public and so keep in quiet. It's like the idea that because a bunch of folk are all into running dogs, there is some kind of sacred brother hood. There are a lot of so called 'lurcher men' who I wouldnt piss on if they were on fire. We'd be in a much better state if about 60 % of those that said they 'hunted' just took up fecking knitting.

• Like 5

Given some of the absolute muppets and general scum bags that proclaim to be hunters, it's no wonder that so many of us get bad reactions from the general public and so keep in quiet. It's like the idea that because a bunch of folk are all into running dogs, there is some kind of sacred brother hood. There are a lot of so called 'lurcher men' who I wouldnt piss on if they were on fire. We'd be in a much better state if about 60 % of those that said they 'hunted' just took up fecking knitting.

Ain't that the f***ing truth, spot on mate :thumbs:

......and he spake , and verily he spaketh the truth..for he was wise and he knew of the bad in mens hearts....mark 14 05

• Like 2

......and he spake , and verily he spaketh the truth..for he was wise and he knew of the bad in mens hearts....mark 14 05

You ok Stan?

• Like 1

lol!!!!

:laugh: bad day when you can't have a laff with the opposite sex without getting branded a pedo. You do know we still can in this country talk to females right? I'm a bit more worried about you. It appears you can't tell the difference between a woman and a child :laugh:

your onto anything female in here, maybe you should go onto plenty o fish lolol. I rekon ud buck a black eye fella. when a female comes on here your onto them like an Ethiopian on a tin of beans

your onto anything female in here, maybe you should go onto plenty o fish lolol. I rekon ud buck a black eye fella. when a female comes on here your onto them like an Ethiopian on a tin of beans

:laugh: I have banter with everyone. What shocking thing did I say on this thread that's got your knickers in a twist? All I said was, she should have said she was female when she pm'd me, wooopdaaaa f***ing dooo lol. What other females am I on like an Ethiopian? Light banter yesterday with gem? Shockeroooonie. Is your girlfriend on here or something? Has she cried out BAAAAWWWW harder BAAAAWWWW or something? You think what you like about me, I don't care :yes: if there is any females I've pestered, let them say so but there are a few that's pestered me :yes: you sound like a jelous man, seen plenty when their woman give me the eye...... I just smile....... A knowing smile, knowing if I wanted to I could :)

• Like 1

:laugh: I have banter with everyone. What shocking thing did I say on this thread that's got your knickers in a twist? All I said was, she should have said she was female when she pm'd me, wooopdaaaa f*****g dooo lol. What other females am I on like an Ethiopian? Light banter yesterday with gem? Shockeroooonie. Is your girlfriend on here or something? Has she cried out BAAAAWWWW harder BAAAAWWWW or something? You think what you like about me, I don't care :yes: if there is any females I've pestered, let them say so but there are a few that's pestered me :yes: you sound like a jelous man, seen plenty when their woman give me the eye...... I just smile....... A knowing smile, knowing if I wanted to I could :)

PREDATOR!!!!!...:-)

• Like 2