Names For Hounds

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Madog Alys Arial Cadwaladr Gwilym Ifor Hafgan Telyn Arwen Delwyn Myfanwy Manon Rhonwen Welsh hounds should have welsh names Bethen Rhian Seiriol Sulwyn Blodwen Gwenny

Hound pup's should start with the first letter of the dam's name

god that was a small litter ​ we just call our bitches rosie and have a dog pup called jim,,, handy when your calling them all in ........

A hound man I know and hunt with names his pups in alphabetical order each year...One year was W and there are all called Willow, Warlock, Witch, etc, etc.

Maybe start your naming after her name...Merlin, Magic, Merlot etc...And go with the alphabet :victory:

• Like 1

I would go with letters beginning with N as the dam is M so Nell Nimrod Nomad ect houndy names. my old hounds were called bowser,rambler and nell lol

Yeah, thats a better idea actually :victory:

I do like the hounds...

• Like 1
In France we are using the same letter for naming hounds. G for 2011, H for 2012, I for 2013... Some letters aren't used.

And you can hear some strange conversations concerning dogs :

"I have a lot of B in my pack, a few V, the G not too bad start and I think add a pair of H in the fall."

Thanks guys. I was thinking of the 'M' path and got: Marshal

Mitchell

Munro

Money

Mountain

Magic

Mischief

Music

Melody

Merry

Moonlight

Madam

Miracle

Merlin

Mervyn

Maverick

Mayhem

Morning

Marilyn

Marine

And then I thought, do I brake tradition because I like: Holly

Hiccup

Guesswork

Rector

Gunner

Archer

Princess

Sherlock

Watson

Lapwing

Lorna

Truman

Reaper

Domino

Dancer

Gonetoearth,

She was put to a smallish fell hound called Ranter, he has endless stamina and a nose that is hard to beat. Choose this because the couple of welsh I have are very heavy and wanted to lighten them up and put them over some lighter Welsh lines in a few years. I love the welsh hounds, they are my favourite.

I like the idea of Welsh names for Welsh hounds, it wondering whether to brake tradition and stray from the letter M that I'm having trouble with.

All the best,

Jay.