Donny's Offered Day.

Took Donny C up on his offer the other week for a days ratting and went out today to a small holding with a few chooks and ducks and geese and a few unwanted guests.We started off with the smoker and watched the first few get away :icon_redface: but then the terriers switched on and the first catch was made by "the plummer" that was presant :tongue2::laugh: ,and after that a few more were added with the aid of a spade.We moved on to a small field with a few different coops with a cracking variety of chooks in them and the terriers were marking a few so the coops were lifted and grand sport was had with some terrier on rat coursing and the dead rat sack slowly grew heavier.One coop lifted had a good few under it and there were rats and terriers and people going all over to catch them and although i had one corner of the coop i did manage to pin one with my boot until there was a spare terrier again :laugh: .Not a super massive hawl but 49 big fat rats and good company made it a cracking day and thanks for the invite Donny :victory: .

DSCN3301.jpg

• Like 9

I couldnt stay as was busy elsewhere ..Glad the place provided some sport..Not my scene but do get asked to clear them with terriers ..Any more come my way Ill just pass it on...How did the Plummer get on??? :thumbs:

• Like 1

I couldnt stay as was busy elsewhere ..Glad the place provided some sport..Not my scene but do get asked to clear them with terriers ..Any more come my way Ill just pass it on...How did the Plummer get on??? :thumbs:

Thanks again Donny and i'm game for a bit of ratting any time so pass them on this way i don't mind :victory: ,"how did the plummer do?", well she's sore now but when you catch the most it's to be expected :laugh:

We did dig a couple of three nests up but that was it,no greys or small rats just big fat adults,we had to leave a couple of places due to the cover getting up but i recon we slowed the numbers growth down a bit for this year for the old fella,

• Like 1

2 are mine,the dog on the left the lads who's holding him and he's a nice thing for sure,my other russell was being a twat and fighting so spent the day with a thick ear in the car.Shows bad faults are passed down as well as good one's as he sire was a good worker but also a twat for a fight,still his fecking loss eh? :laugh: .