Rubber Boots ~ Hot Glue Gun ....?

I always found contact adhesive the most useful for repairing shoes, always seemed to last longer with that than anything else.. :yes:

This is the stuff, you can get it in a small tube..

http://www.bostik.co.uk/diy/product/evo-stik/Impact/6

Thin coat on both surfaces, let it go tacky then whack them together and apply a bit of pressure for a few minutes.

Only thing to remember is don't fecking smoke around the stuff when it's going tacky, the fumes it gives off are very flammable! :laugh:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Buy another pair of boots ffs....£30 quid! You'd think you'd just ruined a pair of Mendls.... Lol

if your going to use a glue gun get a mate to hold the said boot then when you apply the glue just drop a bit on the back of his hand they go feckin mad and what do you expect for £30

...........dɯoɔ ʎɯ uo ǝuıɟ ƃuıʞɹoʍ

I always found contact adhesive the most useful for repairing shoes .....

Yeah, but; These are rubber boots. Not leather shoes. (I take it any shoes you'd be seen dead in are leather?! :icon_eek:)

Spoke to my mate last night. Reckons he's tried hot glue on leather upper come away from rubber sole jobs? No good :no: That's a f**king shame too. Because, despite Lab's assumptions, I have a brand new pair of british military issue 'mountain fukking about in' boots here.

" Scarpa " ? Nice boots. Far from the best I've wrecked. But, these lasted me barely four months before the sole popped off the toe cap of one! They're gathering dust here as I try to figure out what to do with them.

Just look at the attitudes being shown here: ' Thirty quid shit? Sling 'em and buy some Quality!' What, like Scarpa's?

Yeah? Listen; My grandparents getting some - Any - foot ware cost a man his life! Think I'll ever just disregard that sort of shit?

It's just this, " Naah. Doesn't suit Me. Sling it! " attitude that so many, today, extend to, eg. dogs :no:

Me? I'll expend the effort. Try to break the buggers in and see where we take each other, along the road.

Yeah, but; These are rubber boots. Not leather shoes. (I take it any shoes you'd be seen dead in are leather?! :icon_eek:)

Spoke to my mate last night. Reckons he's tried hot glue on leather upper come away from rubber sole jobs? No good :no: That's a f**king shame too. Because, despite Lab's assumptions, I have a brand new pair of british military issue 'mountain fukking about in' boots here.

" Scarpa " ? Nice boots. Far from the best I've wrecked. But, these lasted me barely four months before the sole popped off the toe cap of one! They're gathering dust here as I try to figure out what to do with them.

Just look at the attitudes being shown here: ' Thirty quid shit? Sling 'em and buy some Quality!' What, like Scarpa's?

Yeah? Listen; My grandparents getting some - Any - foot ware cost a man his life! Think I'll ever just disregard that sort of shit?

It's just this, " Naah. Doesn't suit Me. Sling it! " attitude that so many, today, extend to, eg. dogs :no:

Me? I'll expend the effort. Try to break the buggers in and see where we take each other, along the road.

FFS whats this thread got to do with dog peddlers???? your brought cheap so you will buy twice............get over it............ :victory:

FFS whats this thread got to do with dog peddlers???? your brought cheap so you will buy twice............get over it............ :victory:

Please read what I've said ~ try to digest it ~ before spewing some generic, defensive response " :thumbs: ".

Ok Outlaw pedant Pete, shoes, boots, rubber, leather, whatever mate! :laugh: That contact shit is rubber once it goes off, it remains flexible, is water tight and sticks like shit to a blanket, what more do you want? :D

That contact shit is rubber once it goes off, it remains flexible, is water tight and sticks like shit to a blanket .....

:icon_eek: Oh! Sorry! I'm obviously just stuck in a time warp then. My own, only, memories of Bostick are of the tubes of clear, stringy stuff. Excellent on ceramics and such. But, probably because it set like f**king resin.

Ah, yes. Then there was that 'two part epoxy resin' stuff. " Araldite " ? Again, probably sick wall bricks together. But rigid. I didn't know there was anything new out, since Blue Peter :icon_redface:

Looking back; I can see hot glue acting the same way :( But, silicone? Stretchy. Bouncy. Sticks so f**king hard it can hold massive fish tanks together ....? Got to be The One? If it will just stick to rubber :hmm:

Must have half a dozen tubes of the shit in the shed? Just too damn busy now to mess about finding out :rolleyes:

Ok Outlaw pedant Pete, shoes, boots, rubber, leather, whatever mate! :laugh: That contact shit is rubber once it goes off, it remains flexible, is water tight and sticks like shit to a blanket, what more do you want? :D

a new pair of boots

That contact shit is rubber once it goes off, it remains flexible, is water tight and sticks like shit to a blanket .....

:icon_eek: Oh! Sorry! I'm obviously just stuck in a time warp then. My own, only, memories of Bostick are of the tubes of clear, stringy stuff. Excellent on ceramics and such. But, probably because it set like f**king resin.

Ah, yes. Then there was that 'two part epoxy resin' stuff. " Araldite " ? Again, probably sick wall bricks together. But rigid. I didn't know there was anything new out, since Blue Peter :icon_redface:

Looking back; I can see hot glue acting the same way :( But, silicone? Stretchy. Bouncy. Sticks so f**king hard it can hold massive fish tanks together ....? Got to be The One? If it will just stick to rubber :hmm:

Must have half a dozen tubes of the shit in the shed? Just too damn busy now to mess about finding out :rolleyes:

Must be different stuff you're thinking about mate. :yes:

That impact stuff works on Wood, Ceramics, Rubber, Paper, Metals, Decorative Laminates, Card , Cork, Stone, Leather, Fabrics, Rigid PVC, according to the website. I've used it on all sorts from boots to sticking my rear view mirror on in the car. I've also used it countless times on my kids trainers when they kick the arse out of them within weeks of being bought. It can stand up to climbing trees, scrabbling over walls, booting footballs about and general kid wear and tear no bother.. :thumbs:

Cheers, Malt. I've book marked that page. That's certainly not the stuff I last remember seeing from that name. I'll see if anyone local has a drop of it left about ;)

There. That last should have some of these f**kers choking on their own mouth foam, eh? :laugh:

• Like 1

I had holes in a boot for years. I used to put my foot in a carrier bag and they put my wellies on. It works

Toe nails against carrier bags, backed up by steelies? Doesn't work. Not when the boot's punctured and it's all pissing in :(

I use news paper, rather than socks. Excellent results! Just Don't add water! :icon_eek: