Public Footpaths/right Of Ways

does anyone know of a good website to find out where the foot paths are local to me there is some stunning scenery round my way but i dont want to piss any farmers off . im having abit of bother just now with one of the farmers in my village there is a public foot path going right through the middle of his land i can walk 2 miles on this track and theres little signs on every gate post showing me im still on the track plus what direction i should be walking but then it comes to a fork and mysteriously theres no sign on this gate i have permission for the first 2 mile from the keeper but after that it crosses on to the next estate i dont want to piss this farmer off any more he took a instant disliking to me as soon as i moved here just because i have a running dog hes already told people hes waiting to catch me out

so if any one knows of a good web site it would save me alot of hassle thanks

The law on access is different in England than it is in Scotland Scothunter. You can't just walk on private land wherever you like down here wether you close gates keep dogs on leads or not. Private is still private.

thought you could walk anywhere as long as you closed gates,kept dogs on leads blah blah blah

i wish mate is that not only in scotland with the right to roam

if your in northumberland carn`t you pretend your from the darkside and plead the celtic amendment :laugh:

The law on access is different in England than it is in Scotland Scothunter. You can't just walk on private land wherever you like down here wether you close gates keep dogs on leads or not. Private is still private.

>

thought you could walk anywhere as long as you closed gates,kept dogs on leads blah blah blah

if your in northumberland carn`t you pretend your from the darkside and plead the celtic amendment :laugh:

:laugh: just say you thought you were in scotland.

>>

:laugh: just say you thought you were in scotland.

i thought thats what i just said :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i would do that anywhere else close to the boarder but like i said this farmer is just waiting on me slipping up every time i walk this little stretch he phones the keeper telling him theres a few lads with big lurchers walking on his land then the keeper has to leave his house and drive 4 mile to find just me and my 21 tts hard blood whippet lol i told the keeper i would phone him everytime i go up but he told me there was no need as ive permission but now the keepers asked me to phone now cause hes getting sick of the farmer phoning him spouting shite

forgot about the beat keeper the poor fecker had to travel 7 mile lol

i would do that anywhere else close to the boarder but like i said this farmer is just waiting on me slipping up every time i walk this little stretch he phones the keeper telling him theres a few lads with big lurchers walking on his land then the keeper has to leave his house and drive 4 mile to find just me and my 21 tts hard blood whippet lol i told the keeper i would phone him everytime i go up but he told me there was no need as ive permission but now the keepers asked me to phone now cause hes getting sick of the farmer phoning him spouting shite

forgot about the beat keeper the poor fecker had to travel 7 mile lol

As mentioned get yourself an OS map of the area, Also pop to your local council office and ask to see the 'Definitive Map' this would be

up to date and give you the info required. Had similar problem here but with regards to drive able greenlanes. Unfortunately just because there is public access across someones land they have the right to refuse if so wished. Seems unfair but was given this info by our local rights of way officer.

HTH

Bri

One thing that really gets to me is when a right of way that passes through a border is blocked off by a couple of strands of barbed wire.......no signs, no posts, two strands of skin tearing hell waiting for the fist victim. Not good!!