Why Gsdxg Malxg Will Be Faster Than Saluki X

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm sure from your posts iv seen your an older gent so it kills me to say it but I feel it needs said. Your like a jehova mate. Whyvyou trying to sell this type? You are the most kennel blind person i

Sounds very much like the argument that a fellow down the pub would be a world champion boxer because he has a 16" diameter fist and a pair of fancy trainers. The best crosses are those which have suc

do you know mate over the years .theres been some bollox posted on here .but what youve posted is the biggest heap of bollox ive read .you obviously have no experience what so ever of dog work .your e

Posted Images

personally i feel this thread may have been put togetha for a feel of members thoughts etc , and wow some god honest to good coments . Iam in posesion ofaline bred sheperd xs no slab sided good strong chest broad back decent fast twitch muscle on hind quarters, would i say she be faster than a saluki xs of good quality not a cat in hells chance , but they arentall good quality lots a rubbish out there in this xs , thre be thosethat use the saluki xs for other jobs because they were rubish for what theyre bred for . running lets say in the new forest on given game could form a different oppinion to some as far as travellinn at speed through different terrain . runing the long ear nothing can or will compare to the hound bred in these isles for that very job match running . atb bunnys.

personally i feel this thread may have been put togetha for a feel of members thoughts etc , and wow some god honest to good coments . Iam in posesion ofaline bred sheperd xs no slab sided good strong chest broad back decent fast twitch muscle on hind quarters, would i say she be faster than a saluki xs of good quality not a cat in hells chance , but they arentall good quality lots a rubbish out there in this xs , thre be thosethat use the saluki xs for other jobs because they were rubish for what theyre bred for . running lets say in the new forest on given game could form a different oppinion to some as far as travellinn at speed through different terrain . runing the long ear nothing can or will compare to the hound bred in these isles for that very job match running . atb bunnys.

Personally I think you haven't read the topic title!!! As the title states Blackgreyhound is telling us "Why GSDXG & MALXG will be faster than a Saluki x!!!! Clue is in the words "why" and "will be faster"...personally I feel that even a mediocre to goodish saluki x will be quicker/faster that any GSD or MAL X Grey...and unless my eyes are playing tricks or I'm hallucinating most of the GSD first Xs I've seen on here in the past few weeks are well described as slab sided...tell u what u could do though Bunnys - give me the lowdown/your take on "decent fast twitch muscles", what this means and how it equates to performance...seen this "fast twitch" term bandied about regularly recently and on GSD/MAL X please enlighten??? :thumbs::laugh::thumbs:

borderscotty you may be wrong and misread the theories of black gryhound , but fast twitch in the grey is high sprinter if thy need the knowledge google it .all will beome clear for thee , i myself may not be able to get it across thee :D atb bunnys

borderscotty you may be wrong and misread the theories of black gryhound , but fast twitch in the grey is high sprinter if thy need the knowledge google it .all will beome clear for thee , i myself may not be able to get it across thee :D atb bunnys

Your words and explanations (or lack of them) speak volumes mate...f***ing priceless...but predictable... :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

• Like 2

You shouldnt need to be googling anything to do with why one dog is faster. Get out graft your wonderdogs and let them speak for themselves. If they are half as special as you lads are making out they will get talked about. All the best

• Like 1

Regards speed (no) they wont be as fast as as saluki xs , and regards at what salukixs are good at (daytime hares) salukixs are the best fact . But regards as lamping dog taking big game gsd xgreys are very good dogs, they have great stamina, can+ will run all night long if need be.As said before ive spoke to Steve Barton few times and he had this x in the 70s and still workd them, on (wild pigs,feralcats,deer,rabbits,foxes.) hares (arnt) on the list (are they) ?? .i carnt speak of my pup beacuse he is to young as yet, but hs as done very well so far had (only) 5 runs and caught 4 rabbits, and even as 7 1/2 month old pup got very good stamina, will go 4 hours in a night no prob .! As long as does what this x were known for i will be more than happy, and what ive seen looking quite good.Ive always said i only wanted somthing with bit more tenacity than a colliex grey, time will tell .?

You shouldnt need to be googling anything to do with why one dog is faster. Get out graft your wonderdogs and let them speak for themselves. If they are half as special as you lads are making out they will get talked about. All the best

Seriously mate - I won't be needing to google nothing...just having an opinion...and mines certainly ain't wonderdogs and will never ever be spoken about in those terms but they do fill the freezer with a variety of game and we've eaten well this winter and will continue (thanks to the inventor of the deep freeze) to do so until next winter... :thumbs:

ll ya nay googled it then and priceless well tats a word often used with out the thought of the meaning , i aye gonna get in to a slagging of wwords with thee my education came from te school of life not to great with the full meaning of some words but like as said bordersty oppinions are like ause oles we all have one :laugh: hs for any medeoce saluki xs can be quicker faster than anytype is joke we had plenty salukixs and 2 from east lothian one cudna catch august rabbits t wanquick or fast enough :thumbs: atb bunnys.

Regards speed (no) they wont be as fast as as saluki xs , and regards at what salukixs are good at (daytime hares) salukixs are the best fact . But regards as lamping dog taking big game gsd xgreys are very good dogs, they have great stamina, can+ will run all night long if need be.As said before ive spoke to Steve Barton few times and he had this x in the 70s and still workd them, on (wild pigs,feralcats,deer,rabbits,foxes.) hares (arnt) on the list (are they) ?? .i carnt speak of my pup beacuse he is to young as yet, but hs as done very well so far had (only) 5 runs and caught 4 rabbits, and even as 7 1/2 month old pup got very good stamina, will go 4 hours in a night no prob .! As long as does what this x were known for i will be more than happy, and what ive seen looking quite good.Ive always said i only wanted somthing with bit more tenacity than a colliex grey, time will tell .?

Bird dont get me wrong i like you and i like your pup. But what is annoying is all these threads about GSD crosses and alot of people making them out to be something special. Ive worked with some brilliant shepherds and have owned a couple that were useful. At one point i was even thinking of going down the malinoi x greyhound route. But after seeing this cross work i decided that they have nothing you cant get from other dogs. Just my opinion.

Also mate what do you regard as tenacity ? And do you want it directed at people quarry or both ?

Seriously mate - I won't be needing to google nothing...just having an opinion...and mines certainly ain't wonderdogs and will never ever be spoken about in those terms but they do fill the freezer with a variety of game and we've eaten well this winter and will continue (thanks to the inventor of the deep freeze) to do so until next winter... :thumbs:

Wasnt aimed at you mate. Atb

ll ya nay googled it then and priceless well tats a word often used with out the thought of the meaning , i aye gonna get in to a slagging of wwords with thee my education came from te school of life not to great with the full meaning of some words but like as said bordersty oppinions are like ause oles we all have one :laugh: hs for any medeoce saluki xs can be quicker faster than anytype is joke we had plenty salukixs and 2 from east lothian one cudna catch august rabbits t wanquick or fast enough :thumbs: atb bunnys. ps it may have add morejoy in scotland

And that might be the problem - what a dog/breed or cross was known for certainly doesn't mean it'll be suitable nowadays...numerous breeds of dogs were "known" for working ability in decades gone but a lot of the inherent working qualities have been purposely discarded to suit other needs...and sadly fashions...???

And as far as tenacity is concerned surely that depends on the collie x grey though? No?

Certainly not the case that you are going to have a dog with more tenacity just because you've chosen a gsdxg over a collie x ???. I've a first x collie/grey here at the minute with bags of guts, fire and balls - as brave as I have seen and certainly enough to match my alaunt x bull x grey...yeah, the collie x lacks some of the physical attributes of the alaunt x bull x grey which you'd expect but he's no less fiery, gutsy and brave... :thumbs: