Dogs Hitting Cover....

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Injuries come hand in hand with running dogs - tell you what tho - I'd rather have a full on crash-through-anything-and-f**k-the-consequences-brave kind of dog rather than a dog that'll baulk at a pat

the end result

Posted Images

for me it depends what there running ...............they have a desire to catch certain things and some quarry just makes them that little bit more hungry.........

have a bitch here that will run hard to cover,..........slow down and then work steady in the cover ...........which i think is prerfect

Yea I think thats what you need a dog that has a bit of common sense. Good to hit the cover because a dog will nail a lot of rabbits like that but you don't want one hitting it full whack. I all ways thought that was the idea of a good lurcher a dog that caught with brains and guile not just out right speed and a death wish

Edited by terryd

for me it depends what there running ...............they have a desire to catch certain things and some quarry just makes them that little bit more hungry.........

have a bitch here that will run hard to cover,..........slow down and then work steady in the cover ...........which i think is prerfect

Yea I think thats what you need a dog that has a bit of common sense. Good to hit the cover because a dog will nail a lot of rabbits like that but you don't want one hitting it full whack. I all ways thought that was the idea of a good lurcher a dog that caught with brains and guile not just out right speed and a death wish

got to agree :thumbs:

35311zr.jpg

that was close mate...atb.. :thumbs:

shes got scares all over pal :thumbs:

I had a dog called scar....that was a mistake calling him that.. :yes:....the thing was f****n covered in big nasty scars,usually happening from chasing deer....so you can imagine....need less to say the dog killed himself chasing a deer... :yes:,I think the worst one was 23 staples and 8 stitches....one big rip from the ribs to the knee cap....not nice. :bad:...but expected....thing was a f****n looney :thumbs:

That's the effect the big bouncing white arse end can have on any keen running dog lol

• Like 1