Dry Stone Walling Course Offer

Hi Scott that's a great offer mate I'd love to take you up on it but I'll probably be busy with work. That's fine work you've done there unlike most of the shit that's called stonework with mortar showing everywhere. I did a good bit of it myself last year around the farm but it's not as good as your's yet :icon_redface:

Mortar? What's mortar? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Take care mate. :thumbs:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi I’m a professional dry stone waller (dyker is the term used in Scotland) based in the Scottish Borders. I have been walling for 30 years and have taught wallers for various organisations, college

Some examples of what I do. We have a diverse range of stone here in the Borders which keeps the job interesting...        

I think i can safely say gnasher will be up for that lol   great offer for someone

Posted Images

Hi Scott that's a great offer mate I'd love to take you up on it but I'll probably be busy with work. That's fine work you've done there unlike most of the shit that's called stonework with mortar showing everywhere. I did a good bit of it myself last year around the farm but it's not as good as your's yet :icon_redface:

is that no why its called a dry stone dyke lol

Sure is - no mortar - just complicates things!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sure is - no mortar - just complicates things!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

thats the irish for you lol

So you don't have any mortar in those steps in the bottom left picture?

I think it's a lot faster if there's mortar put in and they're more resistant to flakes from tractors and cattle :laugh:

So you don't have any mortar in those steps in the bottom left picture?

I think it's a lot faster if there's mortar put in and they're more resistant to flakes from tractors and cattle :laugh:

Yeah - some back-bedding mortar in the steps. :thumbs:

Here's some pics of Irish Stone Walls (not built by me) for you lampinglad... :thumbs:

First pic shows a massive boulder wall built in Mourne...other pics have captions. Stone types and walling styles vary greatly throughout Britain and Ireland... :thumbs:

post-57287-0-00235500-1363704313.jpg

post-57287-0-28139200-1363704318.jpg post-57287-0-87340400-1363704323.jpg

• Like 1

I think i can safely say gnasher will be up for that lol

great offer for someone :thumbs:

You gotta be aving a bubble !!.....130 sovs for a few days learning how to pile up rocks in a straight line :icon_eek:

Your a dosey lot you northerners whats next a City & Guilds in building sandcastles :laugh:

Only joking,im sure theres a lot more to it than stacking rubble....................................its a cracking offer Borderscot well in mate :thumbs: ...........be great to add another string to the bow but......................................." just a shame your not closer " :whistling:

• Like 1

I think i can safely say gnasher will be up for that lol

great offer for someone :thumbs:

You gotta be aving a bubble !!.....130 sovs for a few days learning how to pile up rocks in a straight line :icon_eek:

Your a dosey lot you northerners whats next a City & Guilds in building sandcastles :laugh:

Only joking,im sure theres a lot more to it than stacking rubble....................................its a cracking offer Borderscot well in mate :thumbs: ...........be great to add another string to the bow but......................................." just a shame your not closer " :whistling:

:laugh: Had folk from all over Gnasher - North, South and everywhere in between...lots from abroad too...had some cracking weekends... :thumbs:

• Like 1

ere that reminds me.................im in the habit of leaving a shirt when on some of the daft crazy adventures i go on ....( spreading the word and all that ) :D

This is in The Peak District on the way back from Old Trafford a while ago.......i had to tie it on with a bit of string .....the poxy wall nearly fell down when i tried to put a brick on top to weigh it down !!.............hope you build better ones than this big boys lego set !

charityshirt17_zps9dffe855.jpg

ere that reminds me.................im in the habit of leaving a shirt when on some of the daft crazy adventures i go on ....( spreading the word and all that ) :D

This is in The Peak District on the way back from Old Trafford a while ago.......i had to tie it on with a bit of string .....the poxy wall nearly fell down when i tried to put a brick on top to weigh it down !!.............hope you build better ones than this big boys lego set !

charityshirt17_zps9dffe855.jpg

Cracker that Gnasher - spreading the word eh? Pity the shirt hadn't covered up the rough repair to the right hand side... :thumbs: