3/4 Grey 1/4 Beddy

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Has anyone got one?   It's probably the ONLY lurcher I've never seen on here. Plenty of beddy/whip and beddy/whip/grey but never beddy/grey back to grey.   Mine has got plenty of top end speed an

we done the same x with a we dash of whippet

Yeah there is, two of my mates have litter brother and sister of him out of his old dog ernie.   Here is the dog as a young-un on one of his first trips out on beam and next pic down his sister A

The problem with this cross (and any Bedlington cross) is that the Bedlington as a working dog is gone. I come from a mining family whose family kept the breed but that was in the 50's and no one (NO ONE) has the correct type now. I can remember a joiner from Lobley Hill, Gateshead had the last fighting pair but that was in 69/70. Happy to be corrected?

Thanks for replies folks.

Tiny7 - there could be mate. Will never know. It's just the coat that makes him look wheaten I think. And that second photo his head looks massive but it isn't really. He's got a beddy head. He's got good feet too which I forgot to mention.

Either way I've never had a terrier blooded lurcher before and really like him so far :thumbs:

Pipa - He is a tad over 26".

Cheers

Gaz

ive got one gaz can kill a hamster in 10-12mins no messing!! And is nearly as fast as a slug but another season and I reckon he will put a bend in one!!! If he can't will keep him as a pet n start again!!! And get some racing slugs to make the pup better!! Good luck kidda. Lol
  • Like 2

Thanks for replies folks.

Tiny7 - there could be mate. Will never know. It's just the coat that makes him look wheaten I think. And that second photo his head looks massive but it isn't really. He's got a beddy head. He's got good feet too which I forgot to mention.

Either way I've never had a terrier blooded lurcher before and really like him so far :thumbs:

Pipa - He is a tad over 26".

Cheers

Gaz

ive got one gaz can kill a hamster in 10-12mins no messing!! And is nearly as fast as a slug but another season and I reckon he will put a bend in one!!! If he can't will keep him as a pet n start again!!! And get some racing slugs to make the pup better!! Good luck kidda. Lol

If its killing hamsters that quick there must be a bit of bull in it.

• Like 3

The Bedlington was bred for a specific purpose, mainly fighting (down the pit) it has now died out, no one (NO ONE) has the correct type now. It used to throw a linty coat in Whippets, but now no one uses it as a cross because as a pure bred its gone. Happy to be corrected?

What bitch did he go over mate?

34/ grey 1/4 saluki

we done the same x with a we dash of whippet Picture281.jpg

Always liked this one. :thumbs:

cheers johny the bitchs out the litter never made it bigger than 21 tts the males were 23 to 26 this one coming on well still young :thumbs:

Has anyone got one?

It's probably the ONLY lurcher I've never seen on here. Plenty of beddy/whip and beddy/whip/grey but never beddy/grey back to grey.

Mine has got plenty of top end speed and has no problem getting there. He is very biddable. Prey drive through the roof. Eager to please. Not yet tested his stamina and his rabbit taking technique needs some work but that will come with experience.

Most of these pics have been on another thread but here are some of mine anyway...

A98D2C0C-A892-46E3-A521-D5C6A2B4E269-507

9AEE757A-7FD1-487A-B825-0FB82E8AF06D-507

A500101B-D750-4E8C-B19B-58632B125150-239

5B9A6E78-9DE3-494E-AAB9-C9128E25CEAE-621

Very nice mate :thumbs:

Like the look of him. How old is he? what does he work like?

ATB

Want working dogs not fighting dogs, few of the right type about for lurcher breeding

I think what john h means rory [and i could be wrong] is that dogs aint as hard as they used to be, they are not tested like they used to be [not within the law anyway] personaly i dont need a very hard dog going into a lurcher, they can be troublesome if kennel'd with other dogs, i dont want bull or wheaton blood for that reason, as you say, there are still the right type about for lurcher breeding if you choose carefully, atb, buster.

• Like 2